Anyone have/had Carpal Tunnel while preggo?

iVillage Member
Anyone have/had Carpal Tunnel while preggo?
Sat, 07-16-2011 - 6:58pm

Tonight I was getting in my car after loading groceries in my trunk and I noticed my left forearm had a dull ache and my hand was tingly...like it had fallen asleep...ring finger to thumb.

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-16-2011 - 8:41pm
I have it when not preggers, but I've heard that its possible for pregnancy to cause it as well. I remember it was really bad with my last two but as soon as I had them, my flair ups went away. Here's to hoping yours do too. Hang in there!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-17-2011 - 10:04pm
I had it with my last pregnancy bad. Once my fingers went numb, they remained numb until after delivery. My doc called it pregnancy induced carpal tunnel and said it usually resolves itself after delivery.

Inconvenient does not even begin to describe it.

I know you're not supposed to shake them. I drive a school bus so it was particularly annoying! Best thing I found was to straighten my arms down with my fingers all straight and kind of spread - make sure your elbows and wrists are straight... that's the only thing that eased it a bit for me.

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-17-2011 - 10:16pm
Thanks so much for the advice...it's now happening a lot since yesterday.

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 11:41am
I have it mildly when not pg, but it is worse with pg. It really bothers me at night. Go to your pharmacy or wallmart and they sell braces that will help it a LOT>
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 4:23pm

I had it with my last pregnancy during the last couple of weeks. The doctor gave me a brace to wear at night (since that is when I would have it...after I woke up). It really helped me a lot! Talk to your doctor and he/she may suggest that.

Stephanie

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-28-2011 - 6:56pm
I had CP symtoms at the end of my second pregnancy up until two months before getting pg this time (DS was over 3yo). It went away early on, but recently is coming back. My hands go numb when I apply make up or dry my hair - things that require my arms to be lifted up; definitely is a nerve thing. Fun times.
Jill
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-28-2011 - 8:01pm
I'm actually glad that it's common. It really freaked me out that day. It's been interesting...add that to my list of symptoms like sciatica. Definitely good times!

Photobucket <a href="htt