Baby blues??

iVillage Member
Baby blues??
Fri, 11-11-2011 - 4:58pm

Hey all, I had meadow 9 days ago and am wondering if anyone has gotten the baby blues this much later. I've been great, felt the best ever then yest and today have been so emotional, cry and worry about the littlest things. Last time I nearly got it the next day or 2. Worried about PPD....Had that last time too, but started weeks later. Any sugestions?? TIA!

iVillage Member
In reply to: jenrvt79
Fri, 11-11-2011 - 5:33pm

Could your baby blues be due to sleep deprivation? When I had my DD 2 1/2 years ago I was SO sleep deprived that it made me miserable. I did not have PPD and some good shut eye made a world of difference for me! Hang in there!

Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-11-2011 - 6:45pm
Prob not, she's a great sleeper, getting a fair amt of sleep. Wish that was it, would be a quick fix!
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 9:32pm
I am not having depression, but post partum anxiety. I felt excellent for the first week and a half then around two weeks I started having anxiety symptoms. I saw my pcp today and got some medication to help. I had post partum anxiety with my twins, but it showed up much later (7-8 months). This time I am hoping to get things under control before they get too bad.

Breanna
Boy/girl twins, Ethan Neil and Gracyn Marie were born January 7, 2010!
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-15-2011 - 8:32pm
It could be the blues. Your hormones are just all over the place so it's no wonder. With my first it didnt hit until 5 months post partum. I was sure i was already on meds when my second came. Luckily with my latest addition, I am already taking meds for anxiety but I am already having issues with going back to work and leaving my pumpkin. I don't even go back until January 23 but this is all I can think about! ((hugs)) for you. Perhaps put a call into your doc and see whet they think?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-16-2011 - 1:48pm

just wanted to chime in...

i definatly have the "baby blues" and am concerned it might turn into PP depression...that being said, i am a medical social worker and work with post partem women...unfortunatly everyone's different and there's no way to know if its "baby blues" or pp depression...what makes them different is the amount of time they last, how intense the feelings are, and how much they impact your ability to function...only time will tell:(

i have had 2 prior ds's - this is my 3rd - and with 2 first i had NO post partum issues - i did however have a ton of anxiety and depression when i was preggo, that virtually stopped after birth - so with this baby i was/am totally caught off gaurd when i found myself crying for no reason...daily...i'm 7 days post partum and have cried for probably a hour or two every day for the last 4 days or so....

i'm glad this topic was brough up..i was going to post something on it myself soon because i've been feeling soooooo sad and crappy for NO REASON....

karen - i too have to return to work, me in 5 weeks :(

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-17-2011 - 10:56pm