Baby changed position??

iVillage Member
Baby changed position??
Thu, 07-07-2011 - 4:18pm

The other day i think baby girl flipped.. She was breech and im pretty sure she is heads down or maybe sideways now.. Feeling her higher and stronger.. Dh made the comment to me earlier that i look smaller.. When babies move and make more room for themselves would you look smaller? Now that she has moved to heads down im actually feeling more pressure on my cervix as well... So not really concerned just wondering if anyone else is having this? Being PAL makes me worry more i guess lol

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-07-2011 - 4:32pm
A friend of mine said that she could always tell when her babies moved into the different position. I can't remember if it made her smaller or bigger but I know that tummy sizes flucuate so much depending on baby position, being bloated, bowel movements, etc. I have never been able to tell...I have felt what feels like a flip but I couldn't tell ya where he is.

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-07-2011 - 4:38pm
My little guy actually flipped from transverse to head down during our ultrasound this week, though I didn't feel a thing! I feel more pressure on my cervix sometimes too and I'm sure its when he's head down. I think its pretty normal from them to flip all over until much closer to delivery. Sometimes I have my bump in different configurations too, like higher or lower.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-07-2011 - 6:59pm
Same thing happened to me during my first ultrasound! He was in breech when they made the first measurement, then they let me go to the restroom (since they made me drink so much water beforehand even though I was already 20 weeks), and when I came out, he was head down. I didn't even feel it! Now, at 23 weeks, I think sometimes I do feel it, it's a very odd feeling when he turns.
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-07-2011 - 9:52pm
I think my LO has moved positions too. I am feeling a ton of pressure lately. Right now, they are about 12 inches long, so I'm sure they're still able to swim around a little bit because they have room. I am also noticing that my belly changes shape quite a bit too lately.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 2:33pm

During all 4 of my ultrasounds, the baby has been head down. The tech said he/she must want to come out that way...that is a good thing!!! My son was head down for a while before being born and I must say that it did cause a lot of pressure on my bladder and lower region. I guess it is better head down though then feet first!!

Stephanie

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 3:20pm
Oh yes you tummy will change shapes often. DS used to stick his butt out and I would look so pregnant and then he would turn and I would look very wide. One time he turned inward and I could feel much movement for a day and it freaked me out. They monitored me and said everything was fine.
Photobucket