Bed rest mommas?

iVillage Member
Bed rest mommas?
Wed, 07-27-2011 - 5:16pm

Any other bed rest or off work mommas due to this pregnancy?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-27-2011 - 6:31pm
I'm on "take it easy" bed rest and have been for the entire pg. My situation is unique because I was leaving my job anyway due to relocating (DH is military), but when we found out about having triplets the reality of me working outside the home in the next 6 years seems unrealistic. Paying someone to watch 3 babies? Not gonna happen. I'm super bummed because I worked my butt off for my degree and to establish myself...but I digress. I would give up my career in a heartbeat to maintain this pg and raise my kiddos.

My directive from all the docs I've seen has been to take it easy and not overexert myself, so no lifting laundry, standing at the sink, etc. So far it's been working so I'm not even attempting to add any duties to my daily routine. I was given a few books about 6 weeks ago that I knew I had plenty of time to read but I've instead caught up on trash tv. lol
Photobucket Forever Missing Our Angels ~ May 2010 ~ August 2010 ~ October 2010 
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-27-2011 - 8:01pm
Kim, I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm not on full bed rest, but I was told to stay off my feet as much as possible. I have permission to go to school (I'm working on my masters in special education), church as long as I don't stand, appointments, and drive the kids to school/pick up for now. I'll more than likely be put on full bed rest in the next month or two though which is really hard with a 6 year old and 4 year old. I totally understand working so hard for your degree. I worked so hard to get my teaching job. Finished my bachelor's with a baby and one on the way, got my preliminary credential and worked full time as a first and second year teacher with both kids. Now that I'm about to start my third year I'm worried because I'm not tenured, dh has been SAHD and hasn't worked in four years, and because I'm going to end up working only 1/2 the school year I may not be asked to come back for the following year.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-27-2011 - 10:20pm

I've been on bed rest since 20 weeks to prevent pre term labor.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-27-2011 - 11:02pm

I've been on bedrest my last two pregnancies the last trimester because of painful contractions due to an irritable uterus.

Dawn, DS-12, DD-10, DD-7, DD-5, DD-2, and EDD 11-11-11
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-28-2011 - 12:46pm
Erica,

I am in Cali so I'll have to see if I qualify for state disability. I'm a teacher so I'm not sure if we qualify for it because we don't have EDD taken out of our paycheck each month and we also don't pay into social security. I did purchase the disability insurance though. It's supposed to pay me between 50% and 75% of my gross pay. I also have to pay the $120 a day for my substitute which is going to add up really quick.

Luckily my son is in 1/2 day preschool and my daughter is starting full day 1st grade this year so I don't think the kids will be too much of an issue. I can help them with their homework from the couch or my bed.

I do have a lot of projects I want to work on so I guess now is the time to do them. My mom purchased me a kit on how to knit 5 years ago. I figured I would be put on bed rest with my 2nd one so I saved it so I'd have something to do. Never got put on bed rest. In fact, I worked up until the day before delivery. So, my knitting kit is still waiting for me to get to it. :-) Luckily dh is a great cook so I don't need to worry about too much fast food and he also does a relatively good job with the house work.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-28-2011 - 1:59pm

I'm interested to see if you do qualify for EDD since you don't pay into it.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-28-2011 - 2:18pm
You have to pay for your substitute??? What is wrong with our state???
Photobucket Forever Missing Our Angels ~ May 2010 ~ August 2010 ~ October 2010 
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-28-2011 - 4:42pm

Dawn, I'm also in the irritable uterus club. :)

I've been on bedrest during both of my last pregancies, hoping to make it all the way with this one. I'm very careful to spend as much time with my feet up as I can. I really think it helps. I also want to make it through this pregnancy procardia-free. That'd be nice.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-02-2011 - 10:39am
Im here too! New,to bedrest...preterm labor worries. Soon my 4yr old will be in full time care thanks to state assistance but is still home part time which is going to be a challenge! Lol. Im feeling stressrd because of finances kinda feel like im letting oh and little guy down......i know it will so be worth it in the end tho!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-08-2011 - 6:38pm
I checked into it this week and I don't qualify for the EDD at all so it will be just my disability insurance covering things.

@ Kim - Gotta love California! (Said as sarcastically as possible). I love living in So. Cal where I am an hour from the beach, 15 minutes from the mountains, and only 2 hours from Vegas, but other than that there are very few perks.

Photobucket

Pages