Belly Bands after c-section?

iVillage Member
Belly Bands after c-section?
Fri, 10-21-2011 - 1:48pm

So, when I had my DD 6 years ago, someone clued me in to post partum belly support bands, but it was months after I delivered her.

That said, I have one all ready to go right now, but the question is--how soon do I put it on after having a c-section? Does anyone know or anyone that has BTDT in less than 6 years LOL?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 9:27pm
They put one on me immediately after my c-section and ordered that I wear it for the first 24 hours. After that it was optional. I loved it. It helped hold everything in and I did not have as much pain when I wore it. I wore it for about 4 days and then I didn't feel like I needed it anymore.
Boy/girl twins, Ethan Neil and Gracyn Marie were born January 7, 2010!
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 10:14am
Hey ladies, after seeing this post I asked the L & D nurse who called me to finalize my Csec stuff and she said they have them at the hospital and to just ask my nurse for one or my Dr to put an order in. So I did. No hassle getting it and I assume it's billed threw ins. I used it right away and at home during the day. I does help also helps compress any extra retained fluid out of the area. So before you go buy one ask if you can get one at the hosp. :)
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 9:04am

I didn't know about them with Jack who was born 2 years ago but I learned about them this time. I have one ready as well.

I agree they go on right away and will be doing that this time. Hopefully it will make moving a bit easier :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 12:21am
They gave me a band to wear in the hosptial when I had my son (almost 3 years ago now). I wore it RIGHT away, while I was still in the hosptial and while it seemed to help me for a few days, it honestly just started to bother me and I stopped wearing it fairly quickly. It helps when having to get up from bed and moving around the first few days though and I'm grateful I had it for then. But I also had a fast recovery with no complications from my c-section so maybe that makes a difference too.
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-21-2011 - 9:23pm
I just heard about these today... I'm interested, too!
Jill