breast pumps

iVillage Member
breast pumps
Sat, 09-03-2011 - 10:34pm

I've been a lurker since the begining i tried to post a few times but nothing showed up in my post so i gave up. But im going to try again so hopefully this works.

This is my third baby and probably my last, Im trying to figure out what breast pump i want to get. I used the medela double electric pump with my first two but i gave it away after. Since this is most likely my last its really hard for me to spend 300 dollars on a breast pump. I will be returning to work full time and i am a nurse so i need a breast pump that is fast and efficent since my breaks cant really be all that long.

What have you guys used and liked or are there ones that you've used and dont recommend?

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-04-2011 - 6:40am
Hi!
I just used my avent Isis manual pump and loved it! It was about $100 and I'll be using it again. I'm a teacher and I pump at work, there's not always a power source available. I found it great!
B, loving wife to L. Proud Mum to William Luke (22 months) and expecting Samuel James in November. >

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-04-2011 - 11:07am
I bought the Medela Freestyle. It is supposed to be good for working moms. I haven't used it yet, but it seems to be pretty light weight and portable. I also considered the Medela pump in style, but the freestyle allows you to walk around while pumping. They are both in that $300 plus range though. I don't know if you have a flexible spending account for health related expenses, but as of last year, breast pumps are FSA eligible, so I will get reimbursed for mine.