Breasts are so sore!!!!!

iVillage Member
Breasts are so sore!!!!!
Thu, 09-22-2011 - 5:46am

Ok, I know that this is the most typical symptom of pregnancy but, I don't remember this continued discomfort with my other two. With my first, they never hurt at all. With my second, they hurt in the first and second tri as they were growing and sometimes at the end of the day when I had tried to squish them into a bra that didn't fit. This time however, it's ALL the time!

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-22-2011 - 6:49am
I'm with you Britny! I actually never had this with my last 3 pregnancies and it seems this pregnancy is just all new completely. My breasts constantly are sore, sensitive and have about 100 bouts of feeling like they are literally filling up and ready to nurse. So bizarre! I never had it before my baby was born! I actually went out and bought the cooling nursing pads that someone mentioned on here the other day and wore those yesterday...oooh it was so nice! :D But you're not alone hon, strange but true, my boobs have never been an issue my entire life, not even in the 1st trimester until this pregnancy.

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-22-2011 - 1:42pm
Totally inexperienced question here, but could you try pumping? My girlfriend started pumping before she gave birth to find relief (she's well-endowed already, like an E pre-pg.) I thought it was weird but she said it was fine and completely worked. My boobs aren't sore yet, but the most discomfort I experienced was during the 1T.
Photobucket Forever Missing Our Angels ~ May 2010 ~ August 2010 ~ October 2010 
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-22-2011 - 2:00pm
Interesting! I've never heard anyone I know pumping before you deliver but I guess it's possible. How'd that work out for her after baby was here or during delivery?

I have the sensation but nothing really leaks so I don't worry too much about it but if yours is pretty bad Britny, you might want to take Kim's advice, ask your Dr. about starting pumping now.

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-22-2011 - 6:46pm
I was super confused when she told me she did that (and she works in the medical field) because I met with the lactation consultant here and she said within a couple hours of birth to start. So I dunno, she may just be a special case. I don't recall what it did for her supply but given the size of her chest pre-pg I know she would do anything to alleviate the discomfort.
Photobucket Forever Missing Our Angels ~ May 2010 ~ August 2010 ~ October 2010 
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-23-2011 - 3:59pm

I would be careful with the pumping and try not to do it too regularly.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-23-2011 - 6:46pm
That's a good point Karen...any sort of nipple stimulation will contract the uterus which is one of the many reasons they encourage breastfeeding so your uterus can contract back to size.

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-24-2011 - 10:22am
Yep, don't pump.. Nipple stimulation causes contractions and usually very intense, erratic, painful ones if you're not ready to go into labor!
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-29-2011 - 1:00am
Mine feel the same way! It's actually gotten to the point where I need to squeeze some colostrum out of them at the end of the day just to get a little bit of relief because they are so full. I actually feel a "let down" most days and it is painful. The hot shower also works for me, too.

Photobucket