BTDT Ladies: How did you know you were in labor?

iVillage Member
BTDT Ladies: How did you know you were in labor?
Thu, 10-06-2011 - 9:31am

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-06-2011 - 1:02pm

well after two false visits to L&D and the walk of shame out of the hosptial, the real deal came when my water broke all over the place at 5:45 am.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 11:31am
The day I went into labor I was feeling awful since I woke up in the morning. My body ached, I couldn't get comfortable, and I was overall grumpy. I tried swimming to see if that would help my body realign, but nothing. That night, I was tossing and turning in bed and got up to use the bathroom (again). I was headed to the sink to wash my hands and my water broke. From there, it was take a shower (I didn't know it would keep coming), pack some stuff, call the doctors office, play on the computer while I waited for a return phone call, then a trip to the hospital where I was officially admitted.

PhotobucketPowered by

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 11:40am
The one time I went into labor naturally, I felt great all day but I was having the hardest time going pee. I felt like I had to go but nothing was coming out. I called the Dr. and she said if it didn't go away by tomorrow, to come in. So the rest of the day, I kept drinking water, doing my normal things and was watching TV that evening when my back was killing me. My MIL (now ex MIL) put her hand on my belly and sat there for about 30 minutes to an hour and finally said that I was having contractions every 6 minutes. I, literally, felt nothing. So I took a shower and we headed to hospital and when they checked me, I was 7cm. OMG!

My last two pregnancies were induced and I dilate REALLY quick so I'm very afraid this go round.

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 9:56pm

First time water broke and no contractions followed, induction the following morning.

The other two times it started out as period cramp like pains.

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-08-2011 - 12:41pm

I wish someone could tell me for my kind of body when labor has truly started.

Dawn, DS-12, DD-10, DD-7, DD-5, DD-2, and EDD 11-11-11
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-12-2011 - 10:46am

The way I know I am in labor is that I get naseaus, in addition to the contractions etc. I have always been induced but all three times I was already in the begining stages of labor. With my last I had been walking around for weeks progressing very slowly, and then when I went in at 11 pm to be induced, the nurse checked me and said, well you dont need the gel you are already 4 cm and very soft, so just take a nap and we will start you on pitocin in the morning, but I had been feeling pukey all day, so I knew it was close. With my second, I actually did puke my dinner up and then started running a fever and the nurse in L&D told me she wasnt going to admit me becuase i was just dehydrated from being sick. I told her that I was sick becuase I was in labor and when the dr came in hours later, he yelled at her for not getting me a room...

Photobucket