Burning, tearing, ripping, sharp, under right breast pain!!!

iVillage Member
Burning, tearing, ripping, sharp, under right breast pain!!!
Wed, 10-26-2011 - 12:33pm

So, I've had this pain for MONTHS now but it's getting so much worse! I have told my doctor at the past two appointments and he blew it off and then said "it's the baby growing".

iVillage Member
So sorry you're going through that, it sounds awful! I wish I had advice for you, and I wish the doctor had advice for you too. It really sucks when they just blow it off and say, yeah, you're pregnant, get used to it.

I did have some rib pain (right ribs, right under breast) that once it started would get incredibly bad. I ended up seeing physical therapy because my shoulder was hurting too, and the physical therapist showed me some exercises I could do to release tension in the area around the nerve. After three sessions, I was able to completely get rid of the pain, and now I just have occasional tingling down my right arm. (Which isn't great either, but SO much better than pain.)

Anyway, if it is nerve pain related to posture or anything, I would definitely recommend physical therapy. The other thing I found while googling right rib pain was that the gall bladder can be backed up and cause really searing pain. My pain was never that intense, but it definitely sounds like it's something you might want to bring up with the doctor.
iVillage Member

I am having the same issue. It hurts so bad under the left breast (the other side is fine so its bizarre). The OB said that it was become some of the nerves under the breast that get stressed. It is so painful and they didn't offer me any remedies either. This is the single most annoying thing I've felt in the 3rd tri. I can't wait until this baby out. I am due this Saturday and looking forward to not having this stupid pain anymore. Let me know if hear of any remedies and know that you're not alone. :/

iVillage Member

Hi, I'm lurking from the December board.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

This sounds a lot like pain that I've had throughout my whole pregnancy.

Photobucket