Colic?

iVillage Member
Colic?
Fri, 11-25-2011 - 1:48pm

Anyone have a LO with Colic? I think this is what Laila has.. About 3 wks ago she started with the non stop screaming for hours and hours. Its gotten a tad better but some days are worse than others. I am half breastfeeding (well pumping and giving it to her) and half formula. She gets formula mostly at night and when we are out. Her fussiness is mostly at night. She will be hungry and cry through her feeding or flat out refuse til her pain goes away or she is absolutley startving to death. I have tried cutting things out of my diet and that dont seem to help. she just has ALOT of gas. We tried the mycolin drops and Gripe water. Helps a little but she is still so miserable :(

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: michelle021779
Sat, 11-26-2011 - 9:56pm
Thanks guys.. 6pm on is usually the worse she dont really spit up that much but can tell shes hurting :( i bf and ff and shes wirse after formula.. Ill let u know what ped says

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-25-2011 - 10:50pm
I would ask pediatrician about reflux also. Trying a different formula may help. Reflux babies usually do better if propped up at an angle. They also usually eat best when half asleep. I hope you get some answers soon as I know a screaming baby is so stressful.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-25-2011 - 5:38pm
DD, my first child, would cry and cry at about 4p every day (and other times throughout the day) for a while and it was so frustrating. For us I realized she was overtired, hence the constant crying. I eventually got her on a nap routine (at about 8 weeks) and our lives changed.

I used the "Baby Whisperer's" method for both kids and am using it again for DS2. I started the routine, called EASY, at 5w with DS1 and last week with DS2.

DD did eventually get diagnosed with reflux, but that was more to the amount she'd spit up and other reflux symptoms versus just the screaming.

I hope you find something that works for Laila and you!
Jill
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-25-2011 - 4:19pm

Hi, I'm lurking from December.

Photobucket

Pages