Crystal Light?

iVillage Member
Crystal Light?
Tue, 06-28-2011 - 3:52pm

QQ for you gals-- do any of you drink Crystal Light?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-28-2011 - 4:21pm
I heard someone say that they thought it caused them kidney stones but I couldn't find any evidence in my google search that this was the case. I drank Crystal Light with all 3 of my pregnancies and never had an issue. This pregnancy, my DH discovered MIO and I absolutely love that!

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 9:58am
I don't necessarily think it will cause any problems in your pregnancy, but you might want to keep in mind that the flavoring in Crystal Light is basically all chemicals and not very good for you in general. I had never considered this myself until I started going to a personal trainer to lose the baby weight after my 1st pregnancy and he had me keep a food journal. Once he saw that I was drinking CL he told me to throw it all out as it's bad for your health and the chemicals would be passed through my breast milk! I took his advice and haven't drank it since.
Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 10:54am
I drinkk it and did last time also, no problems here. What is MIO?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 11:00am
MIO are these new little squirt bottles that are 0 calories, etc and just add flavor to your water. They're usually in the aisle with the Crystal Light. They come in all sorts of flavors. My DH loves them and so I tried them and now I carry them in my purse and use them to add a little Sweet Tea flavor when I have the craving. :)

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 7:22pm
This is my first, but I have been drinking Crystal Light too. I also like the Mio stuff, it isn't as hard to mix. I also have a soda stream and drink some of the non-caffeinated soda flavors. The American Pregnacy Association says to drink sweeteners in moderation, whatever that means. I asked my friend who is a mother of two and an emergency nurse in a pediatric hospital and she said it is fine. Haven't asked my doc though.
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 10:37am
My doctor told me to stay away from anything with artificial sweeteners as they are not positive what effects it can have on the baby yet. So, I stay away from them. I do miss my Diet Coke badly.
Photobucket Thanks to mom2emsopmax for the bea