dilating?

iVillage Member
dilating?
Fri, 08-12-2011 - 12:10pm
K. Im back...lol....scared to call doc so thought id ask u first. Woke up in pain this morning...bleeding slowed finally a couple days ago....i had cervical us on mon but they didnt check me inside because there was a lot of blood. Sorry for rambling....so anyways this morning i washed my hands and decided to check my cervix. It is almost two fingertips open and open pretty deep...seems to be barely closed on the VERY inside...i dont want to tell doc i checked but it seems like its way too open
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-12-2011 - 12:19pm
I have never checked my cervix while pregnant but that would seem odd to me. It's better to be safe than sorry so I would at least call the nurse at your Drs. office, I know that's what mine would want me to do. And of course, continue to stay on bedrest. Good Luck! Keep us posted!

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-12-2011 - 12:32pm

You need to call the Dr..

----"Never give up on something that you can't stop thinking about every second of every day."----

Chris 

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-12-2011 - 12:56pm
Call doc...go to L&D...don't be afraid to tell them what's up and express your concerns. I'm sure you'll feel better once you can be seen.
Photobucket Forever Missing Our Angels ~ May 2010 ~ August 2010 ~ October 2010 
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-13-2011 - 12:48am

I would def call your dr at least for reassurance.. I personally too scared to go near my cervix lol... Sorry your still bleeding and such :( KUP

Photobucket

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-13-2011 - 6:50pm
I've never checked either while pregnant, but my doctor did say that when ever anybody checks my cervix (which he doesn't want people doing because it could cause trauma) he said that they need to make sure that they know the difference between the external os and the internal os. It is the internal os that they are most concerned with as far as dilation. I wish I could tell you more, but I'd call the doc anyway.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 10:27am

Oh goodness... Did you call the Dr? How are you doing???

Please dont' wait when things like that happen. Your Dr should NEVER care if you bother them and if they do find a new one!

As someone who was in pre term labor at 30 weeks with DS #1 and no having problems at 26 weeks with DS #2 I can tell you it is WAY WAY WAY to ealry for babies to live outside of mommy with out problems.

Thanks god I went in with Jack at 30 weeks because I knew it wasn't right and sure enough I was in pre term labor and went to 1 1/2 cm in an hour before they stopped him.

I pray we don't have the same problem with Sam now but having just spent 7 hours in L & D with contractions 1-4 min aprat I have to deal with the fact that it may happen again. The good news is they Stopped Jack so there is a good chance they can stop Sam if it gets to that but they can only help if you go in.

Please keep us posted and I am sending baby stay cookin vibes your way sweetie!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 12:00pm

I did go in they did a cervical ultrasound. said it looks long and closed that was a weeka nd half ago.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 1:24pm
Awe, glad you went in but sorry to hear about the stress. I understand exactly how stress can effect your life. Try and take it easy and keep us posted!

Photobucket <a href="htt