Feeding baby away from home (bottle-fed with pumped breast milk)

iVillage Member
Feeding baby away from home (bottle-fed with pumped breast milk)
Sat, 12-03-2011 - 10:09pm

So this may be a dumb question...but for those mothers feeding their babies from a bottle (pumped breastmilk or formula), how do you handle going out of the house?

iVillage Member
I used to take milk at room temp for DS. I have friends would bring a thermos of hot water with them to heat it up. I have also run it under hot tap water before. Most restaurants/ coffee shops will bring you a cup of hot water if you ask.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

Like PP, most of the time I would either just give it to my son at room temp or if we were at a restaurant ask for a cup of hot water to stick it in.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I'm a first time breastfeeding mom. I pump when I know I have to leave out the next day for appt, shopping etc. I just take the milk as room temp. I feed him before we leave out and he should be hungry again in two hours. By then his milk is fine for him to drink. I don't go any where far or keep him out for too long so one bottle is fine.

As far as formula, I know my sister use the powder and jus carry a bottle of water around.
iVillage Member

Thanks girls :).

iVillage Member

Actually I always warmed it up under warm water in the bathroom with my son until he was old enough to take it cold.

Boys will Be Boys