Feeling no movement still, 21weeks - 3rd baby???

iVillage Member
Feeling no movement still, 21weeks - 3rd baby???
Sun, 07-10-2011 - 8:57pm

okay...well i'm a nervous wreck anyhow with all my "high risk" junk going on...but i'm starting to get worried/annoyed...i still haven't really felt a bit of movement (maybe a flutter or two every couple days or so)...but i figured i by now i would have felt something...i keep saying, "i'll feel something soon"...but i'm starting to get peeved about it!

iVillage Member
Sorry Heather. It's got to be the position of your placenta. Have you had your u/s yet?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-10-2011 - 10:45pm
I'm not feeling consistent movement yet either and there's 3 in here! I'm 21w3d today and I've been getting flutters for about 2 weeks mostly on one side, and have felt a total of 3 "kicks". I know with subsequent pgs you're supposed to feel everything earlier and with more consistency, but the placenta could make it more difficult for you to feel. I have the same question as Julie about when you'll have an u/s. ((hugs)) I hope there's lots of noticeable action soon!
Photobucket Forever Missing Our Angels ~ May 2010 ~ August 2010 ~ October 2010 
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-10-2011 - 10:52pm
I third the placenta idea...

I don't really have consistent movements either...from what I understand, even multiple pregnancies it could take up to 24 weeks before really feeling anything. I can understand your worry and hopefully you can get some assurance from your Dr if you call or on your next appt. Good luck and keep us posted

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-10-2011 - 11:28pm

thanks ladies...

i haven't had my "big" ultrasound yet (the one to rule out trisome 18 and re-check the legnth of my shortening cervix) its this friday...while i'm nervous as heck about it, i can't wait...i'll keep you all posted!

iVillage Member
I hope both of those U/S go really well for you! We'll have our fingers crossed. :) Keep us posted, we'll be thinking of you!

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 11:54am
Don't worry about it. This is baby #2 for me and I'm at about 21 weeks now with no "real" movements yet. And my placenta isn't in front either.
Photobucket Thanks to mom2emsopmax for the bea
iVillage Member
me too Heather, hugs... I also have an anterior placenta this time, so my movements have really just started, I have been feeling the small twitch like movements for the past few days, every once in a while I get a good swift kick, but nothing like with Landon's pregnancy. My mfm said the placenta being in front of the baby will make it much harder to feel the baby move, does nothing for PAL brain.