Headaches...

iVillage Member
Headaches...
Mon, 05-23-2011 - 3:14pm

I have been having terrible headaches for the last 4-5 weeks. I told my Dr. but she didn't seem that interested in helping with them. She just said, "that is normal during pregnancy". How nice of her, huh?

But seriously... These headaches are just this side of migraines. The only thing that seems to help is sleeping/laying down. But that doesn't happen often when you work 40+ hours a week and have an 18 month old (and a husband!).

I have another appt this Thurs. It is a different Dr in the practice. Should I try asking again with her? Or should I just try to suck it up an hope it goes away? Is there REALLY anything I can do otherwise?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers .
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-23-2011 - 3:26pm
I would ask again. My Dr knows I have major headache issues with pregnancy and has given me clearance to take advil up until 30 weeks. It is a god sent for me. My last 2 pregnancies have been really bad and my DD I was allowed advil also and she turned out perfect. My ds I was put on major narcotic with and was so scared I perked to have the headaches instead of chance it. Then was told advil was ok just major no no after 30 weeks. So ask again if they cab recommend some relief for you.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-23-2011 - 7:07pm

I had the same kind of headaches when I was pregnant with my daughter. The only thing that worked was a prescription pain med that I wasn't thrilled about taking while pregnant. My daughter was born healthy though, and I'm glad I took it so I was able to function.

I hope it gets better for you. Keep bugging your doctor. You know what's best for you!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-23-2011 - 7:31pm
I feel for you. I've been getting a lot of migraines this pregnancy, apparently from hormones and giving blood for lab work but I've only taken Tylenol and suffered the couple of days they last. Good luck and I'm interested to see if anyone has an remedies.

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-24-2011 - 9:40pm

I get headaches a lot when pregnant, seems every three or so days I get one, and they get worse as the day goes on.

Dawn, DS-12, DD-10, DD-7, DD-5, DD-2, and EDD 11-11-11
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-25-2011 - 4:05pm

I get these headaches too and they are awful.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-25-2011 - 9:48pm
My headaches tend to come when I haven't had enough fluids. As soon as I get one, I down a bunch of water and it often takes care of it. Hope you find some relief - the line that it's normal during pregnancy gets old, but it's often true. Sorry!!!
Jill
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2011 - 8:43am
I feel your pain! I have been having a lot of headaches too, and I did when I was pregnant with DD as well. Of course I also suffer from chronic headaches/migraines when I'm not pregnant so this doesn't exactly surprise me. Of course we can take Tylenol which does NOTHING for me, big shocker there as I have tried several different prescription migraine treatments when I wasn't pregnant and none of them even did anything for me! Sorry I don't have any advice, but I do understand!
Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-27-2011 - 11:41am
I saw my Dr yesterday. She actually said to try and take magnesium and see if it helped. I had never heard of this headache cure, but then I googled it and I guess it is kind if a "natural" headache reliever. I am willing to try anything at this point. And I like the idea of taking a vitamin rather than "drug".
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers .
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-27-2011 - 12:45pm
That's great! You'll have to let us know if it gives you some relief so we might have to check with our Drs. about it. :)

Photobucket <a href="htt