Heart Palpatations

iVillage Member
Heart Palpatations
Wed, 05-25-2011 - 9:41pm
I had heart palpitations before getting pregnant...they started a year or so ago but only hit every couple of months so I didn't think anything of it and everything I read makes them sound completely normal.
Anyway so since I've been pregnant, they've increased to once a week and than to once a day and now several times a day. I can have 3-4 in one minute. I'm seeing my Dr on Tues so I'm going to mention it, but again, pregnancy seems to be considered a normal reason to have them.
Anyone else have these?

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-25-2011 - 10:27pm
I am too but with a shortness of breath as well. I saw my dr on omnday, she just told me to take it easy and if it gets worse to come in and they'll run more tests. She seems to believe I am ok. I am also having headaches too. All normal I guess. Just take it easy and def tell the dr
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2011 - 7:35am
Mine comes with the shortness of breathe too...I feel it for sometimes an hour afterwards. Thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone... DH is worried but I guess I was taking it with a grain if salt till last nights episode.

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2011 - 11:52am

I uesd to have the same thing when I was a teenager, and they diagnosed it as asthma. I thought it was wierd that asthma would make me feel like I was having a heart attack, but appearently it is. And mine gets worse while pregnant too, especially if I have just eaten a large meal.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2011 - 12:57pm
Simple tasks like going up and down stairs takes alot out of me, it didn't before and when I was pregnant with my son I was able to be more active. Sometimes I feel like my heart is going to explode out of my chest. My hubby gets worried too he keeps wanting to take me to the ER bless his heart.
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2011 - 1:19pm
Mine is always with movement...if I'm sitting still on the couch and than move even the slightest, I'll get them. I'm worried about getting anxiety related ones again when DH deploys in a couple days...I'm mentioning to the Dr Tues though.

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2011 - 8:17pm
I have but lasts like secs for me

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-27-2011 - 10:52am
I get them all the time. I keep trying to remember to ask the doc but of course, I forget. I get them at totally random times, standing, laying down, it doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing, they come and go randomly.