Hello, I have a question..

iVillage Member
Hello, I have a question..
Sun, 09-25-2011 - 1:57am

Hello, I am a mother of three beautiful girls... Me and my hubby have been trying to get pregnant for a year now.. My last period was August 21,2011...My period is 5 days late now..I have taken 5 test and they all so negative....I never miss my period unless I am pg but this month has me so confused...I am having some off and on cramps very mild not like period..I am going crazy not knowing so I just had to ask and see if anyone has been in my situation before..Have you ever tested negative and still be pg???

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-25-2011 - 8:58am
Periods can be late for a number of reasons other than pregnancy...unfortunately. I had a cycle where I was 11 days late and there was no explanation for it. It could be possible that you ovulated later than you thought which will throw your period off. Sometimes your body gears up to ovulate and for a number of reasons, it doesn't release the egg. Your body will keep trying until it finally does. The result, late ovulation and late period.
Have you called your OB/GYN? I'd suggest giving them a call and getting a blood test. Being around the TTC boards for years, I know that there are a lot of women who don't test positive on an HPT for weeks after they've already confirmed they are pregnant with the Dr. Definitely give them a call and get a blood test. If it's negative, than maybe they can give you an explanation like an annovalatory cycle, etc.
Good Luck to you!

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-25-2011 - 12:16pm
Ditto to everything Tammy said. Good luck to you!
Photobucket Forever Missing Our Angels ~ May 2010 ~ August 2010 ~ October 2010 
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-25-2011 - 11:19pm

Thank-you for taking the time to reply..I never thought to call my Obgyn...I am going to call her in the morning ...Thank-you..