I overdid it!

iVillage Member
I overdid it!
Sun, 09-11-2011 - 5:44am
I'm a teacher, I worked too many days on my feet last week and chased by toddler around after work. Then I tried to keep up with dh's social commitments on Saturday ( 2 parties, one at lunch one in the evening) it's still wintry here, and I stood up for 3 hours at an engagement party last night ( it was cocktail style, no chairs). Oops. I am in so much pain today. I've got shocking lower back pain and have been having BH contractions every 2-3 minutes for the last hour. I can't stand up straight.

I'm wondering if I should go to my doctor tomorrow and get a certificate to finish work? Obviously the socializing is stopping, but the toddler chasing can't. Any other tips? DH is great but I dont want him to get fed up if I don't do my chores and our house ends up filthy! :(
B, loving wife to L. Proud Mum to William Luke (22 months) and expecting Samuel James in November. >

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2011 - 6:08am
Thank you Kim!

Wow 20 weeks, having three babies must be just... wow! I can't imagine. I'm so happy for you, you're taking it all in your stride and doing so well for a FTM. :) Thinking of you ladies on bedrest, it must be challenging some days. B
B, loving wife to L. Proud Mum to William Luke (22 months) and expecting Samuel James in November. >

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2011 - 6:05am
Hey Jill! Thanks.

I couldn't mow the lawn either! TG we don't have much of a lawn but I think it
s a great idea to get someone else to do it.

We have stairs indoors also, I'm hating them at this point! HAd a great rest and am feeling heaps better, thank you. B

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2011 - 6:04am

Thanks Aimee,

I appreciate it. Thanks for the good ideas for things for DS to do. He's an active little guy and I think it will do him well to learn to sit and do some sit-down activities! And me too! We have Target here, but it's one of the more expensive stores so I'll hit up some $ shops and see what I can find!

Totally trying the heat pad tonight!

Thanks!

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2011 - 12:03am
Definitely take it down a bit! My sign was when my back was in pain after walking through Target for about 15 min and I was 20w I think...I can't even imagine doing l you're doing right now! If you think work will be too much to handle dedinitely discuss it with doc. I like the recommendations for activities with your LO which should help as well. Kick back as much as you can...we don't need someone else on bed rest!
Photobucket Forever Missing Our Angels ~ May 2010 ~ August 2010 ~ October 2010 
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-11-2011 - 6:35pm
You definitely overdid it! Please let yourself off the hook about household stuff and DH getting fed up. You are all experiencing new things and he'll come around and understand that you are not capable of the things you might have done just a few weeks ago.

My DH is away for a few days and I had to ask friends to help with mowing the lawn. I felt terrible considering I run around after the kids and go up and down stairs umpteen times a day - but I know that mowing is beyond my capabilities right now.

Hope you are feeling better! I suggest taking some Tylenol and a long nap.
Jill
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-11-2011 - 11:59am
B you gotta slow down, chica! I totally overdid it last week in the yard and house and felt it for days after.

Try a heating pad on your bac, it works wonders. Also, take some Tylenol. As for the toddler, try to get some stationary activities. I know it's hard but even if you get an extra 15 minutes of sitting, it will help. I keep stickers and paper, play doh, coloring, markers, stamps. The stickers and paper are the biggest hit. Not sure if you have Target down there but they have a dollar section up here that usually has tons of stuff, cheap.

As for the chores, do what you can. If the floor doesn't get swept that's ok. DH will understand.