mirenia for bc

iVillage Member
mirenia for bc
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 11:26am

I just had my IUD (Mirenia) placed last thurs. Has anyone had this?? What was your experience?

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 12:22pm
I just had it placed last Tuesday. The placement was painful, but only for a few seconds. So far I have been spotting since the placement and occasionally have some cramping. OB said to expect spotting for 5 weeks then no periods hopefully.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 3:41pm
I went to have mine last week but my cervix wouldn't open. I took meds last night and today it was finally placed in. My Dr said spotting can vary per person...her daughter had 6 months of spotting, no period for a year and than 7 days of heavy bleeding. I'm spotting now so I guess we will see...

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 9:20pm

I had the Mirena for three years before TTC'ing for DS2. I had a very light AF every now and then and hardly enough to even need a panty liner.

I got it again three weeks ago and I've been bleeding pretty much the whole time. It sucks! I love this form of BC and will hold out that it'll disappate but for now I think the BC portion of it is the fact I don't feel like having sex because I'm bleeding! Blech.

Here's to AF- free lives, ladies!!

Jill