Permanent contraception?

iVillage Member
Permanent contraception?
Wed, 08-17-2011 - 2:30pm

Anyone else sure this is the last one? My husband officially has an appointment with a urologist and should be having his procedure in mid-October. I'm sure we are done, but it's still weird to think about. It's like a new chapter of our lives, I guess.

DH has some reservations (as all men do). I keep telling him he will be fine LOL!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-17-2011 - 3:06pm
We are definitely sure this is our last. :) DH is waiting until we deliver our happy and healthy boy and than he'll go on the 6 month waiting list to have it taken care of. ;) At times, it's hard to believe but I think we both "Just Know" this is the right next step in our lives. :)

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-17-2011 - 3:14pm

6 month waiting list? Wow!

I'm cracking up at the thought of me standing there, 8 months pregnant, waiting for him with a bag of frozen peas.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-17-2011 - 6:08pm
I know right, military has them all wait 6 months so I guess they can think about it and be sure. ;)

LOL That is a priceless picture. :)

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-17-2011 - 9:37pm
We're done here too! I need to find s urologist for DH and I'm getting taken care of during csection. Who would have thought the woman who was told she can't have kids is now having #3 and needing to be sterilized lol!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-17-2011 - 11:35pm

We're pretty sure this is the last, and if thats so, I'm hoping to have my tube (I only have one due to an ectopic pregnancy) tied at delivery. That way if DH has a long waiting list at this base, we've already got one taken care of . He's military too, but IDK if we would have the waiting list or not, since we dont have a base hospital, and we have to go off base for a lot of things (like my OB).

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 7:30pm

Hmmm, I hope we don't run into a waiting list situation! DH's first appointment is on Sept. 13, and he needs to have the procedure the week of Oct 14. He's having knee surgery, and that doctor said it was okay to have a second surgery to double-up on recovery time. He has to take a month off after the knee surgery, so he might as well get snipped too!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 8:32pm
It's a military thing. Hopefully you won't have a waiting list but wow, what recovery he'll have! ;) He'll be aching all over below the waist! :D

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 8:18pm

Well, I personally dont feel like this is our last baby, which is crazy i know since we are pregnant with #4, but I am only 28 and we still have alot of time. BUT- Dh has a leaky pipe (if you know what I mean) and he has pain because of it, so after this baby he will be getting it fixed and was told it would probably leave him sterile. So, we are going to get it fixed and see what happens, maybe adoption is in the works for us?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 5:32pm
We are definitely done! Husband was done after 2, I wanted one more, but in a few years. When this pregnancy started being even more difficult than the first two were we decided that this would be it. DH has been too chicken to even look into sterilization on his part. Anybody else having trouble with their husband like this?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-23-2011 - 4:51pm

There is a great article in the new Redbook about vasectomies. It made my husband feel a lot better.

Photobucket

Pages