pubic bone pain

iVillage Member
pubic bone pain
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 12:08am

Last night I woke in the middle of the night with intense pubic bone pain. I remember having this with my others, but farther along i think... Anyone else feeling sensitive down there?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 7:15am
Me me me! I didn't even have to ask the OB the other day when I was there because I was talking about feeling the back pain from the ligament pain already and thinking it comes much later. She literally told me that because this is my 4th, I'll feel the ligament pain, pubic bone pain, fetal movement, etc much much earlier because our bodies are SO used to being pregnant at this point and we are more sensitve to the aches and pains. I was stopped in my tracks the other day because of the pubic bone pain. OUCH! So you're in good company! ;)

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-05-2011 - 8:35pm

Good to know I am not the only one! This is my 4th too, so I get what you mean about feeling things earlier, rolling over in bed has been excruciating!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-08-2011 - 8:39pm
I'm lurking from the Dec. board, but just wanted to caution you on the pubic bone pain. When pregnant with my 1st I had it starting around 28 weeks and finally mentioned it at 30 weeks thinking it was probably due to cracking my pubic bone in an accident years earlier. The midwife checked me anyway and found that I was already 3 cm dilated and almost 50% effaced. I was immediately placed on strict bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy. When I started feeling it with my second one around 20 weeks I mentioned it to the doctor and he also checked me and sent me to the hospital for a nst. He found that I was having regular contractions (which I wasn't really feeling) and that I was 3 - 4 cm dilated. He didn't put me on strict bed rest, but I was on Procardia every 3 hours and once I got to about 30 weeks I got the steroids for the baby's lungs. For me the pubic bone pain happens to be a sign of pre-term labor, so just something to watch out for.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-09-2011 - 8:00am
Hey Kim, I know you're lurking from the Dec board but hopefully you start checking in on us more. Anyway, Could you describe your pubic bone pain more so we know what is the usual baby pressing downwards or pulling ligaments and what may need to be mentioned to our Dr? The reason I ask is because I was just going to post something about this asking others....I have cramps now and than that will last a good 30 minutes to an hour and my tummy isn't hardening so I don't think they are braxton hicks but when this happens, like right now, I have this really bad pubic bone pain. It's in the vajayjay area and almost like a stinging pain...very bizarre. This is my 4th so I know they told me I would be more sensitive to this but I always worry that something might be wrong. So any advice you could give us women who are having it, would be great! Thanks for lurking!! :D

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-13-2011 - 5:41pm
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back. Finally finished off the school year so this last week was super busy. Anyway, the pubic bone pain I had almost felt like the bone was bruised and that something was constantly pushing down on it. I had the pulling ligaments with #2, but I know that was just growing pains. This may sound weird, but when I was younger we used to have a big dog that would run up from behind in between your legs and lift his head up and sometimes hit the pubic bone really bad. If you've ever experienced a dog like this (I know, probably not common :-) ) then you'd have a pretty good idea of the type of pain I'm talking about it.

Photobucket