Reglan for stomach pain

iVillage Member
Reglan for stomach pain
Tue, 06-14-2011 - 6:01pm
Has anyone else ever had to take this? I get severe stomach pain after I eat to the point of sending me to the E.R. When I wasn't pregnant I would just not eat or live off of ice-cream or some kind of liquid but being pregnant I know the baby needs food. Since this is 'unexplained' pain the only thing the doctors can think to do is have me take this to stop the pain. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or advice on this. Thanks ladies!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-14-2011 - 10:11pm

I thought Reglan was an anti-nausea med mainly??

Me: Amy Married to Dh since 2002 Mommy to Donovan, Quinten, Lainey, angel baby 02/11
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 9:15am
With my first pregnancy my OB prescribed it for acid reflux. I had it so severe it was choking me in my sleep. It did help somewhat, but I still had to watch what I ate because anything acidic would still flare me up. I was also given this to increase my milk supply at one point... Just thought I should mention that a side effect is that it can cause increased anxiety. I never knew that until after the fact, but I wish my OB had let me know ahead of time...
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 10:07pm

Reglan is used to treat acid reflux and has been known to increase breast milk production.

Photobucket