Visual disturbance?

iVillage Member
Visual disturbance?
Tue, 08-30-2011 - 5:04am
Hi ladies! I'm having a weird thing happen and it's just got me a bit worried. I have an appt tomorrow and will check again ( I've asked her before but it was sort of overlooked as stress related).

I'm getting a white, spot of light flashing in my left eye, just beneath the lower lashline. It happens more when I'm just waking. Like in the mornings or in the middle of the night when DS wakes me up. It is my only symptom, no dizziness, my bp has been normal at my rare appointments.

I'm going to mums house now to use her bp monitor. If it's normal I should be ok to wait to see the doc tomorrow afternoon right?

Should I even be worried? If I wasn't pregnant I wouldn't even worry about it. Tia b
B, loving wife to L. Proud Mum to William Luke (22 months) and expecting Samuel James in November. >

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-30-2011 - 9:03am
This happens to me too. I see them mostly in morning and after naps...they look like twinkling stars. Every time i check my bp its not high tho. With my DS i had them and high bp. It cant hurt to get it checked tho like everyone on here saysbetter safe than sorry! Good luck!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-30-2011 - 9:05am
Absolutely 100% mention it to your OB and insist that they give you an answer on what could be causing it. I know that visual issues can go hand in hand with pre-eclampsia so it's something your OB needs to really pay attention to. I would have them do whatever tests that need to be done to check for that. If all comes clear there, I would consider a referral to an eye Dr. I have floaters which is super odd and if wasn't for insistance, I would never have found out that mine are normal. I'd rather know something is normal or no big deal than miss on something that is a huge deal. Good Luck and keep us posted!

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-30-2011 - 10:17am
I totally agree with Tammy.. Kup what dr says

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-30-2011 - 7:35pm
Definitely bring it up...let us know what doc says.
Photobucket Forever Missing Our Angels ~ May 2010 ~ August 2010 ~ October 2010 
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-30-2011 - 10:26pm
You know what I'm going to say, but I'll say it anyway... vision changes/disturbances can be a sign of pre-e.

You can have symptoms leading up to pre-e BEFORE your BP goes high and before you drop protein.

Definitely discuss this with your doc as soon as you can, it could easily be in indicator of pre-e. It could be something else, but take it from someone who had no prior symptoms, I woke up in the morning with a headache and my vision was off... I was diagnosed with pre-e that afternoon when my BP finally went up and Landon died within 30 minuted of being diagnosed.

It can happen, it happened to me.