wash new baby cloths????

iVillage Member
wash new baby cloths????
Sun, 10-16-2011 - 4:01am

Is it important to wash my baby new cloths? cause the wont look new if i wash them!!!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-16-2011 - 7:42am
I personally like to wash them all. You never know whether baby will have sensitive skin or not. One of my children do, the others don't. In any case, stores can have chemicals on their clothes that keep their clothes looking unwrinkled and crisp because of packing, not to mention, 100s of people touch items daily so there's no way of knowing if germs are sitting on them. I've washed all of baby's clothes and they all still look brand new. I used the gentle cycle and washed in cold water and dryed. It's nice too because they all smell so much better and smell like home. :) Just my opinion.

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-16-2011 - 7:05pm

I have never washed them before putting them on either of my kids, it's totally up to you

~JACKIE

MOMMY TO
~TRAVIS JAMES DEAN 12/6/06
~ALAINA NOELLE DEAN 6/30/09 EDD DEC 16TH
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-17-2011 - 4:46pm
I wash some and don't wash others. Honestly, it depends on how easy it is to wash the item...like if it's just cotton, I'll go ahead and wash it. One of the main reasons I don't wash everything is because I don't know what we'll be using and what we won't. With our son, we had a ton of clothing that never got worn. Having the tags still attached made it so much better for reselling or consigning. I'd like to have that option this time around too.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-17-2011 - 9:59pm
I washed everything but I think part of that is my YEARS of working clothing retail, as well as knowing all the different chemicals they do put on clothes to keep them fresh, clean, winkle free for shipping, etc. They still look new to me, and I agree with Tammy, love the smell better
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-18-2011 - 3:09am
My daughter got a rash shortly after birth because of the new clothing we put on her. As soon as we washed her clothing in dreft, the rash went away and we had a happy comfy baby again.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers .
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-18-2011 - 6:56am

Thank u all for answering me , ill start washing every thing for my baby yousef

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 7:44am
I'm with Tammy. It's more important to me that they aren't sensitive to whatever the company treated them with than if they look new or not (you could always hang them to dry to help maintain the "new" look).

DD was very sensitive when she was first born and reacted to MIL's perfume while still in the hospital. It was on her clothes and poor thing just broke out immediately and she was less than a day old.
Jill