Well I had my scan today...

iVillage Member
Well I had my scan today...
Mon, 06-13-2011 - 1:03pm

I had my scan at 10am this morning and can't believe it but the dr just called me its almost 1pm with results.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-13-2011 - 1:09pm
Don't get caught up on how bad this or that can be. Wait for your next u/s, enjoy the time you have right now and see what your doc says. Are you drinking enough water? I have heard that can help, but that was just second hand hearsay, so I don't know for sure, but it really can't hurt.

FX that your next u/s goes perfectly well!

Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-13-2011 - 3:07pm
Awe I'm sorry Jani. As far as the heart goes, my 3rd pregnancy they needed additional views even though they froze on the ventricles. They like to be very sure that all the chambers are open or closed like they are supposed to be. I went for additonal scans as well and everything was just fine. The heart is so very tiny, that sometimes it takes a little extra looking and another set of eyes to be sure. In fact, they called another nurse in to double check.

As far as the low amniotic fluid, it is of some concern but again, they just wanted to double check you because you were so close to that line. I'm sure they are being extra cautious. I just saw this on a pregnancy show the other day and they were actually able to give the Mom fluids to get the levels to where they wanted them to be. I don't know much more than that but I'm sure your Dr. can explain everything.

And you are right in thinking that you can still deliver as long as the placenta doesn't cover the cervix. I'm sure your Dr. is just being extra cautious and everything will be explained better in person. I know everything will be just fine for you and your baby girl! ;) We'll keep our fingers crossed for you.

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-14-2011 - 9:19am

I wouldn't worry too much right now and this is coming from the constant worrier.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-14-2011 - 3:07pm
Hugs girl. Hang in there I had the same 3 issues with my DD who was pg #3 for me. At the next scan all was great, so try not to stress too bad sams the placenta will probably move up in the next month or so. Hang in there.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-14-2011 - 9:20pm

As scary as not hearing everything is fine try to think positive.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 9:53am

You know, all those things seem like they are just being super cautious to me. I wouldn't freak about any of them. Just be excited for another ultrasound opportunity to see the baby :)

Becky - mom to dd 15 and ds 13