please check in

iVillage Member
please check in
Tue, 01-10-2012 - 8:23am

Hello...Is anyone still checking the boards? Please take a moment to say you're here, name, baby's name and how things are going.

JH
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 5:49pm

Sorry im late.. I am here! just been busy with work and all.. Laila doing great.. had her weighed last wk

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-19-2012 - 10:43am
I am here! Brayden is doing great! Staying busy with all the kids and totally enjoying the smiles that my little man has been producing with the occasional giggle!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-19-2012 - 3:46pm

I am here! Seems a tad bit faster on my new computer.....we shall see!

Name: Karen

Baby's name: Olivia

DOB: 9/25/2011

Olivia is doing great, almost 4 mos old! She is sleeping through the night for the most part & DH has started feeding her rice cereal, even though I was not really for it! I wanted to wait to get the go-ahead from the Ped. He told me before that there were new studies that show that feeding cereal etc too early can put stress on the baby's immature pancreas and their body will have to produce insulin to deal with the cereal and bottom line, can lead to diabetes later in life. I need to google it actually.... Anyways, I am here!!!! (-:

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-20-2012 - 8:09pm
Sorry I've been MIA. Karen here with Jianna Sophia (10/27). I've been so crazed as I'm sure you can all relate to. Going from 2 to 3 isn't that bad, but we'll see once I get back to work. I'm freaking out-- Monday's the day :( Hope everyone is doing well!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 9:29pm
Hi Karen! Nice to hear from you!! How was the 1st day back at work??
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 9:36pm
Hi there! I actually did better than I thought I would! I did cry, but it wasn't too bad. The good thing is I've been at my job for almost 18 years, so in a way I was with family, but of course it wasn't the same. I also didn't realize how I'd re- bond with the older two, taking them to and from school, helping with homework, etc.

Even though I left the house at 8 am and got home at 7, I still managed to feed everyone, make lunches for tomorrow, do a load of laundry, and now the kids are in bed and I'm laying here with my puppy and my sleeping baby in heaven!! Thank GOD for Zoloft! Lol

Thanks for asking. How thoughtful of you!! I am hoping I can try to get A work from home day here and there so I can at least be home more than just the weekends. How are you and your LO doing?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 8:51am

Hi Michelle, Jill, Karen, and Karen! Thanks for checking in! It's been pretty slow here on our board but I hope everyone can check in from time to time!

JH
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 8:55am
I promise to try! I don't remember it being THIS crazy with the other two lol! Hope you are all doing well!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 8:58am

Hi Karen...I'm glad it was easier going back to work seeing you've been there for 18 years. It is tough finding a work/life balance. I'm in the same situation. I really appreciated and enjoyed my time home with my HH Jack and also got to rebond with my DD Hannah. I miss them every day and when I get home I try to spend quality time with them instead of just going through the routine of making dinner, baths, making lunches, and bed times. I try to get play time in there as well. It makes for a long day though.

JH