Am I being selfish?

iVillage Member
Am I being selfish?
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 9:37am

So, last night - MIL called and said she and FIL were thinking about doing some renovations to their house and offered DH a job on the construction. DH got excited about the prospect of bringing in some money, but I got upset. We would have to find a daytime sitter for DS, and DH would have to go 2 hours away for several weeks. He even started mentioning that I could drive myself to the hospital or just wait for him to find a ride back to our house so he could drive me to the hospital when I go into labor. My crying was just on this side of hysterical. He has been doing EVERYTHING around the house, and I really don't think I can go back to being "single mom" for the last month of being pregnant. Am I being selfish to think he needs to stay right where he is?

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 9:51am

Thats a hard spot to be in!

~Jenn~

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 2:16pm
I don"t think you are being selfish..you are concerned about the possibility of having to deal your DH being away incredibly close to your due date! I would be feeling the same way. I think it is a tough call because the money would obviously be very helpful..but the flip side is not having him home when you probably need/want him the most.

Do you have a good friend that could help you out if you needed it? My husband will be gone the last two weeks in August and I have my cousin and my mother coming out to be with me..so I truly know how difficult the situation is:/
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 4:47pm
We don't really have anybody in the area. I think it's been decided that he won't do it. We've started getting a little child support from my ex-husband, so we're actually managing ok right now. I think we've decided he won't do it. He would rather be with us, but he just feels bad about not bringing in any money.
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 4:58pm

I dont think it's really selfish of you, bc you have alot going

Photobucket