Anyone else getting antsy?!

iVillage Member
Anyone else getting antsy?!
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 6:07pm

I'm getting so anxious for September to get here!! I packed Charlottes bag the other day (I was putting away clothes and got the urge! LOL) and I'm so ready to pack my bag, but I know it's still early! I feel like this pregnancy has FLOWN by in a way and before I know it I'll be in labor with nothing ready!! We also got our cord blood kit in the mail yesterday, so that's got me even more anxious! I'm thinking of just putting that in my bag and then putting some of my nursing stuff in the bag with it so I have a little done, but it wont be anything I could need between now and delivery day!

I just ordered more CD inserts for my small gDiapers so when they get here I'll just have to prep them! I think my mom and I may go to the fabric store on Monday to look for some fabric to do the glider in and maybe something to do the curtains in!

I think I'm also getting antsy/anxious because my PTL has always started between 31 and 32 weeks and I'm 29 weeks today! And since I have my surgery on Friday, I'm nervous that I'm going to be admitted for ctx bc I know I'm having them already. (so I'm packing a small bag to leave in the car just in case, but not like a delivery bag!)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 6:31pm

YES!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 9:28am
Not yet, I think once I get things organized and in place I will.
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 11:08am
I'm getting antsy, too! And I can't really start nesting until we get our carpet! And we still can't get that until DH puts up the baseboard! Urg..... Men (I can't be too mad, he does work at least 5 days a week!

I REALLY want to get the nursery really put together and all the clothes washed and in the drawers (so that I can really take inventory of what we have/what we need!)

I have no history of PTL so I know I still have probably 11 weeks left so I'm not concerned with running out of time anytime soon. :)
- Caroline

* Wife of Eric (July 28, 2007)

* Proud Mommy of Allison Kathleen (April 14, 2007)

* Expecting another BABY GIRL on September 16, 2011

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 7:34pm
I'm back and forth between being really really anxious to get her here and just anxious in general lol. I feel very conflicted. On the one hand, I am SO excited about this baby. On the other, I know that this is just not going to be the same as the first time and it's going to be hard to balance time with the two year old and with the newborn. I'm also a little nervous about how I'm going to feel when the new baby gets here- will I all of a sudden love the new one more than dd?? I know this is a common worry and I know once she gets here it'll all fall into place but it's still hard right now.

I also think I must have a sugar thing going on- I ate some sugar this afternoon and like immediately after I got really really down...ugh wish it wasn't so easy to eat that crap lol. I think maybe part of it is just being depressed that I'm still pregnant hee hee so maybe it'll all get better the closer we get??? Fingers crossed =)
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 10:57pm

I'm nervous because I'm ready to be done - LOL.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-01-2011 - 12:14am
Honeybeemomm - I feel the same way in regards to my first DD!!! Will I feel like I love the new baby more because she won't be able to talk back and can't say NO and isn't pooping in her underwear (diapers are a whole other story! LOL)

Then I worry about how DD will adjust to the baby! She's super excited right now and is really excited to feed the baby (even though I keep telling her that the baby will drink only from mommy's chest at first) - I also keep telling her that even though there is going to be a new baby she will ALWAYS be my FIRST baby and mommy and daddy will never love her and the new baby just the same.
- Caroline

* Wife of Eric (July 28, 2007)

* Proud Mommy of Allison Kathleen (April 14, 2007)

* Expecting another BABY GIRL on September 16, 2011

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-01-2011 - 3:08pm
Yes! Another one of my friends from DS's playgroup here on iVillage just had her baby 2 days ago and I'm getting so impatient. There is SO much we have to get done before baby girl gets here, too, and I want it all done like yesterday.