Baby boy born 9.5.11, 9:00 am.

iVillage Member
Baby boy born 9.5.11, 9:00 am.
Thu, 09-08-2011 - 1:39pm

Hi,

i had written a post earlier about due date sep. 8. and what to do.

Well, sep. 4, i felt lots of pressure, and somewhat mucus plug loss (that i had had 2 weeks earlier too, so didnt want to raise a false alarm). But had the gut feeling, baby would come soon in a day or two.

Woke up at 6 am, with lots of belly pain, felt labour was here..yikes! But sometimes i have had this pain with bowel movements, so went to the restoroom to see if that was the case. No. I got more and more sure it was labour, my husband was up, and i told him, then the cointractions got painful, still random but v. frequent and more painful than ever.

Got ready, called my doc. told hjer, they r 7 min apart, (thats what i thought, though some were quicker)

she said go to l and d, because i have had 2 kids, she wouldnt ask me to wait until they are 5 min apart, like they normally do.

So we left, and by that time they were really painful and frequent. Got to the hospital in 15 min about 7:35. (labour day so no traffic) went to ob triage, nurse did her work etc,, got checked by resident, around 8 am, was 5 cm.

iv put in, i told her i want an epidural, so she said she has notified anesthesia but they are in the or, dont know when they can get here.

20 min later i had the urge to do number 2, told the resident, she said, let me check you first. I was 6 cm dilated. she said go but dont push too hard. Well, my contractions were so painful that no other reflex worked, so i got out of the toilet without doing anything. Told them it was getting really painful. I told her i normally go very fast, and if the anesthesia would get there in time for my epidural, she said yes i think so. we have paged them again. A nurse was waiting for me to take me to the delivery room. She walked me there, asking me to

mel2010
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-08-2011 - 7:32pm

That sounds just like my second birth..I got to the hospital and my baby was born20 mins later..LOl..I screamed for the epidural but there was no time..Hopefully this one is as easy for me..Congrats.

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-09-2011 - 4:33pm

Congrats on your little man!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-09-2011 - 9:16pm
Congratulations! I hope mine goes as quickly as yours did. Except the part about no epidural! I didn't have one with my first and am scared to death to do it again.
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-10-2011 - 6:04pm
Congrats on your baby!!! Wow, no epidural either- you ARE a rock star! :)
Finally pregnant after 3 yrs of ttc and 3 losses. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers EDD: 9/18/11
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2011 - 12:06pm
Congrats!