Is the baby on a good position?

iVillage Member
Is the baby on a good position?
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 10:11am

I'm 27 weeks pregnant and since week 25 my baby girl decided to sit which made it drop the levels of the amniotic fluid and I had to rest more and drink plenty of water. But I think she turned yesterday. Suddenly I started to feel a weight on the bottom of my belly and a pressure on my bladder which makes me go to the bathroom more often. Also I started to feel her again moving around my belly button and suddendly I'm breathing easier like I don't have a pressure on my lungs anymore. When I touch the bottom of my belly I also feel something hard and round, probably her head?

Do you think she turned and she's again with her head down and feet up? How can I be sure? By touching my belly I feel that something hard and round at the bottom and also feel hard on my left side near the belly button but I'm not experient in discovering the baby's position trough touching since this is my first pregnancy! Can you please advise? Thank you!

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 1:19pm

I would ask the doc to check..they are trained to be able to tell what position the baby is in..they'll be able to tell you.

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 7:20pm

It's really hard at this point in pregnancy to tell what position the baby is in, unless your experienced! (like an OB or CNM) I would ask at your next appt to see if your DR can tell you!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-24-2011 - 4:28am

Last time my m/w checked (a week or so ago) baby was still breech. I think s/he *may* have flipped round since then but it's so difficult to tell! You really need a m/w or OB to check since a bum can feel a lot like a head unless you know what you're doing!

I'm not too worried about position at this point though. Even if baby is still breech/transverse, there's still plenty of time for them to turn. My m/w doesn't even start getting twitchy about position until 37 weeks.