Correct me if I'm wrong......

iVillage Member
Correct me if I'm wrong......
Sun, 05-08-2011 - 7:13pm

Ok-I know I'm not his mom and I know I'm only carrying his children, but was at least hoping to even hear "Happy Mother's day" to much? Yep-thats right-DH didn't even wish me a happy mother's day(not even a card) I did get stuff from the kids but to be honest, had I not given them the money, I highly doubt he would've offered to help them out. I cooked dinner and did dishes while he lounged around on his butt most of the day. Even my DS and his GF's friend told me happy mother's day when she came over here.

Not once has he shown any interest in feeling the babies movements. Last nite they were kicking up a storm and my DD said hey come feel this its so cool. His reply-I'll get there. He never did.

I just sent him a text saying we're done-I've had it. I'm tired of feeling like a crappy person about myself everyday just because he chooses to be wrapped up in his own little existence.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-08-2011 - 7:39pm

(((((HUGS))))))

My first mother days with my DH.. and while i was carrying his first child.. I got nothing as well.. no flowers nothing. I even vented to his sister how messed up I felt it was and so on.. I brought it up over a serious dinner a few nights later about I didn't feel he was intact with this pregnancy I truly felt he wanted nothing to do with me.. and he said.. a mom becomes a mom when the stick turns pink a dad isn't a dad till he holds the baby. This time around.. he attempts to touch the belly.. but its always at his convience. its never when the baby moves.. I hope your evening gets better.. and if

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-08-2011 - 7:41pm
its suppose to say.. who said you COULD do it when your mom said you COULDN'T. soo.. that was bothering me.. I had to edit
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-08-2011 - 7:55pm

Thank you-I appreciate it :-)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-08-2011 - 9:43pm

I am so sorry!!! Make sure you remember how he acted come Father's Day. I have always felt that people treat others how they want to be treated so I would act the same way come Father's Day.

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-08-2011 - 10:00pm
actually, it's funny (not ha ha but ironic funny) that I would suggest the complete opposite. maybe treat him at father's day how you wanted to be treated at mother's day and it would be a big kick in the butt that he didn't do any of that stuff for you. assuming you're not really "done" at that point, because if you are, screw it :)
Lilypie Maternity tickers