Depressed

iVillage Member
Depressed
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 9:31am

Since yesterday, I have just felt so down. I really feel like this baby is never going to come out. I keep crying and breaking down. I just don't know how much longer this can go on. I'm so sick of being pregnant. It feels like it's been forever since I've been "me." With everything all ready for the baby and set up, it's just making it worse. I'm really starting to hate looking at the empty bassinet and nursery and the baby toys in the living room. Just seeing the car seat all ready is making me nauseous. I don't even particularly like the idea of having another baby at this point. I think if he ever comes out, I might resent him for making me feel this way. I don't know. I'm just feeling exhausted and overwhelmed.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 9:44am
Have you been sleeping? I feel MISERABLE. I haven't slept worth CRAP lately. I was up until at least 1 am last night (probably later) and up by 5:30...and that was a relatively good night in comparison to some!! Also, last night, after my hair appointment, I met up with dh and he was all preoccupied with work stuff so our spontaneous "date" turned into him sitting and texting while I felt like crying the whole time. It takes very little to take me from feeling pretty good to being super depressed. I'm going to be discussing my option with my doctor on Monday...but then I think...maybe I should be enjoying these last few days of relative "freedom"...I'm torn.
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 9:51am
I haven't been sleeping or eating well. And, I'm stressed about money and work (it's the close of the fiscal year for us, so everyone is nuts right now) on top of it. I think if yesterday at the doctor, if she had given me any thread of hope of this baby coming on time or early, I would have been happy, but it felt so set in stone that he's going to take his time. I know it's irrational, but I don't think he is ever going to come out. I just can't stop crying. And, I feel so guilty for feeling this down about everything. DH promised to let me just sleep away the entire weekend, which I think may actually be a good idea. I remember when I was pregnant with my son for the last weeks (he was very overdue), I slept 20 hours a day and got super depressed, but it was the situation around the pregnancy more than pregnancy itself I thought, but maybe I was wrong.
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 9:57am
I'm sorry you aren't feeling well these days. Hopefully getting some sleep, and venting to us here, will help you feel a little bit better. If you still feel severely depressed, maybe talk to your doctor? Slipping into PPD after your baby boy is born is not something we would want, and your doctor should have some insight on how to help you. (((HUG))) Please keep us posted on how you are doing.