Does everyone have their baby names picked?

iVillage Member
Does everyone have their baby names picked?
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 6:21am

I am just wondering if everyone has settled on names for their little ones?

~Jenn~

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 8:39am
We do! Baby girl will be Ava Nicole. It's pretty much set in stone, too, since one of our close family friends gave us this beautiful personalized blanket with baby's name embroidered on it lol.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 8:53am
We don't! Ryan asked me last night if I'd named our baby yet and I said no. For one, I didn't know I was getting the choice of name (yeah right, he'll change his mind) and for two, we don't know what we're having, so I can't settle on a name!

Boys: Cole or Liam (he also likes Ren, I also like Owen, we like Evan)
Girls: Amelia, Caroline, Grace, Charlotte, Eve, Eva (or I like Mariah, Naomi, and Phoebe)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 9:24am

We've got a list of about 20 or so.

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 11:05am

I kind of had names picked out since before my 20 week ultrasound...I like to have that one little detail all figured out well in advance..Originally I had chosen Carly for a girl and Liam for a boy..but then changed my mind a million times..Then it was Carly for a girl and Jude for a boy..Then I dabbled with the idea of naming a little girl after my mom..Her name was Dawn..But I fell in love with the name Autumn because it is my fave season and is the season in which she's due so...we narrowed it down to Jude or Autumn..and at 21 weeks..we joined team pink for the first time..So Autumn it is..She will have my middle name which also happens to be my mothers middle name..I feel strongly that we share that bond because my mom didnt get to live to see her be born..I did seriously consider renaming her after my mother completely ..but I know my mom loved the name I had chosen.

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 3:05pm

We're green team so we haven't made our final decision yet. If it's a boy, we'll probably go with Alexander but James is also in the running. If it's a girl, she'll probably be Amelia but we haven't completely ruled Elouise out either.

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-21-2011 - 3:13pm

We had a name for boy and girl picked out within a few days of the line on the test turning pink. :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 5:43am

Sort of!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 8:27am

Thanks ladies!

~Jenn~

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-22-2011 - 6:13pm
We still haven't decided. At first we were dead set on Logan Wyatt. The more time passes the more we liked Wyatt better than Logan. We just can't decide on a middle name for Wyatt (we don't like Wyatt Logan). So it will either be Logan Wyatt or Wyatt ???. DH gets the final decision and it will probably be after he meets his son :)

~Shandi

DD 2/8/10

DS 9/12/11

Surprise due 12/25/13

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-23-2011 - 1:42am
Oh HEAVENS No!!! LOL

I like to have a name picked out so that I know who is in there.... but my DH hates everything.
We named our first Allison Kathleen and I only got that because he said "Maybe" to Allison very early in the pregnancy and I CLUNG to it! Finally at the hospital he said "I guess Allison is good enough for my little girl...." I'm so glad he came around because she IS an Allison and LOVES her name! He picked the middle name, Kathleen, for his cousin Katie who passed away.

For this one we're pretty sure we're using Viola for the middle name for my grandma. For the first name I'm pushing for Elena (he chose the "E" spelling over Alayna or Alaina or any other option) but we'll see :)

We'll only know for sure when we meet her in roughly 24 days... give or take (I'm thinking take.... I'm pretty sure I'm going early this time!)
- Caroline

* Wife of Eric (July 28, 2007)

* Proud Mommy of Allison Kathleen (April 14, 2007)

* Expecting another BABY GIRL on September 16, 2011

Pages