due date sep.8, what to do?

iVillage Member
Registered: 07-03-2007
due date sep.8, what to do?
4
Sun, 09-04-2011 - 3:10am

Hi,

A little background. My first baby was induced at 35 weeks because of growth restriction less than 10th percemtile.

My second baby came naturally at 37 weeks 1 day. With my current pregnancy, i was sure i would deliver somewhere around 37 weeks again. But here i am. Sep.4 today and still no labour!

I have bee n measuring 2 cm, 50 percent effaced, station -2. Not much progress on appt. 2 days ago. I am going to visit ob again on tuesday, sep.6.

i had braxton hicks 2 weeks ago, then intermittently, now last night they were 10-15 min. apart for an hr. Bu t i slept over them, and they went away.

My gut feeling is that my due date will pass! The doctor s going to ask on sep. 6 what i want.

What should i say? How much longer should i wait after my due date for the baby to come on it s own?

I am just scared to hear stories of still birth so far into pregnancy.......On the other hand, i really am excited about going into labour naturally, rather than being induced...my first induction was easy and quick, bu t i still wan t to avoid induction complications...like failure, vacuum etc..

What do u say?

mel2010
Avatar for alsatia23
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-27-2003
Sun, 09-04-2011 - 7:26am
If you're happy, healthy and comfortable, it's always best to wait. They will do checks on the baby (non-stress tests aka NST) to make sure baby is doing okay. Some doctors will let you go one week overdue, others two. If you want to go naturally then wait, just make sure to do your kick counts. Good luck! :)






Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-23-2006
Sun, 09-04-2011 - 11:16am

There are a bunch of old wives tales that a lot of women swear by..ranging anywhere from having sex to eating pinable and drinking castor oil..the last one is not recommended until

 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Registered: 08-06-2007
Mon, 09-05-2011 - 9:23pm
I also think that you should wait until baby is ready. As PP said, your doctor may do NSTs or ultrasounds to check on baby. As long as you and baby are healthy you shouldn't have a problem going to (or even past) your due date.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Registered: 12-06-2005
Tue, 09-06-2011 - 10:23am

As long as you and baby are fine, I would hold off until atleast 41w before discussing induction. Can you ask your OB for suggestions about natural ways to help things along or maybe about a membrane stripping?

Photobucket