Finally home! :)

iVillage Member
Finally home! :)
Mon, 07-04-2011 - 1:36pm

I had my stents placed on Friday morning. Everything went good (at first!) they gave me a spinal versus sedating me and the whole procedure took maybe 15 minutes. There was like 8 people in the OR with me tho, which was wierd to me, but they said they were just taking all the necessary precautions for Charlotte! :) After the stent placement, I went to PACU and then up to L&D to be monitored for 2hrs to make sure I wasnt contracting. By the time my 2 hrs was up, I was in HORRIBLE pain! I was cramping really really bad and bawling my eyes out, but they sent me on my way! We got home around 1130a and by 630p I was back in L&D bc of the cramping and I had started bleeding. When they hooked me up, I was contracting every 2-3 minutes, but Charlotte looked great on the monitor. Luckily, my OB was on call this past weekend and he came in and checked me and said I was 1cm and 50% effaced. I was admitted right then and there and given terb and betamethasone for Charlotte's lungs. I ended up getting 6 shots of terb from Friday night thru Saturday morning. He started me on Procardia too to help keep the ctx at bay. I got my 2nd dose of betamethasone Saturday night and he said as long as the ctx stayed at bay thru the night and morning I could go home late Sunday morning.

Of course, I wake up cramping really bad Sunday so they give me some Tylenol and another dose of terb. It worked and I was feeling MUCH MUCH better! He was talking about keeping me another night, but I convinced him that if I was still doing ok thru the afternoon then to let me go home Sunday night. I was finally able to shower and feel somewhat more *human* and felt a ton better so I got d/c'd at 7p last night! I had a horrible time trying to pick up my prescription tho, bc apparently he didnt call it in right! But after 45min we finally got it! I have to call and go see him Wednesday afternoon and I'm on bedrest for 2 weeks. He said we would re-evaluate the bedrest after 2 weeks and as long as I'm not regularly contracting or dilating anymore then he would let me come back to work at a reduced schedule!

So this isnt how I wanted to spend my 4th of July weekend, but atleast I'm home and Charlotte is still baking away!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-04-2011 - 6:06pm
Glad you are home and feeling some-what ok! I hope Charlotte continues to bake for a few more weeks :)