grrr weight gain!

iVillage Member
grrr weight gain!
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 3:32pm

So, I had a 22 week appointment today and got the weight talk:( Basically I am up 16 pounds, which may not seem like alot but I was already over my ideal body weight before getting pregnant. It wasn't so bad though, my MW suggested doing some water aerobics or swimming laps since I have arthritis and to eat more lean proteins , fruits and veggies and less carbs and sweets. I know that I can do that, I just know I will be obsessed with my weight the rest of the pregnancy:/

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 4:48pm

(((HUGS)))

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 5:09pm

Thanks:) I was doing a low carb diet before getting pregnant so I am moving back towards that now. I bought a bunch of fresh veggies and fruit right after my appointment. I don't think I was realizing how much more pasta and sweets I was eating!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 5:13pm

((HUGS)) I hate when you get the weight talk during pregnancy! :(

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 5:20pm
I can see how that would be frustrating! I did like the fact that my MW wants to prevent me from gaining more than 30 pounds..so being proactive is probably the best thing we can do right now. I think it is just the feeling that you are a child being yelled at by mom, lol. Thankfully my DH is being super supportive and drove me right to the store after the appointment. The thought of gaining 60 pounds scares me alot so I am going to take this as seriously as possible!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 6:18pm
Emily,
Tell me about the weight gain. I'm embarrassed to admit that I am up 22lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight, and that was almost 2 weeks ago at my 19week appt. I don't even want to know how much I've gained since then. I have a serious issue with over-eating, and I cant seem to stay away from the carbs and sweets.
You at least have a great attitude about it... I, on the other hand, feel like I am surrendering to my cravings and have the attitude, "I'll just lose it after the baby, til then I'm eating whatever...." I know thats so bad, but I just can't snap out of it. I got the "you should exercise" talk from my Dr. last time. I have since then taken some walks, but nothing too strenuous. I just feel really bad about my body right now. :(
Finally pregnant after 3 yrs of ttc and 3 losses. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers EDD: 9/18/11
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 6:20pm

Not only do I get the weight talk they attack my DH 2! When Im not pregnant I eat out all the time.. and junk junk junk.. but as soon as I know im pregnant.. I eat healthy stuff.. I think its because Im not just feeding me.. With my 2nd I lost 25 pounds.. from my pre pregnancy.. my dr was swearing i wasn't eatting.. She would continously hound Mike she would be like is she eatting.. he goes yea.. jsut fruits veggies she doesn't care for red meat right now. She goes.. well that could do it.. Then.. with this one.. I first was downing.. but since my DH

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 8:46pm

I have gained 13 pounds in 20 weeks. I was overweight to begin with. My weight is doomed. This is all I gained total last pregnancy.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 8:50pm
oh Megan I'm sorry you are feeling this way:( It is definitely hard, I agree. I had been loading up on carbs and sweets and I guess it definitely caught up with me. I know that I have to watch it now so that I am able to get back to losing weight after the birth. As long as the baby gets all he needs, I will be happy..I dont' need the extra, lol.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 8:51pm
Yeah, it was one of the first things we discussed today..I knew it was coming though:/
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 8:51pm
It is definitely a struggle..our bodies are not being kind, lol!
Photobucket

Pages