Is he kidding me? (DH rant)

iVillage Member
Is he kidding me? (DH rant)
Thu, 06-09-2011 - 7:52pm

So-tonite DH tells me that he might check into getting back into school in the fall(he had to drop because it wasn't working out with his work schedule) Now this is coming from the same person who got all mad at me the other day for asking him to make a phone call to make payment arrangements on a bill. He said oh I have to do everything now? I have to work all nite then be up all day? Um-melodramatic much? But yet-he thinks he's going to be able to work all nite, be up most of the day for school then go back to work? I think he seems to forget that there are going to be 2 babies to take care of. As it is, he doesn't help me with anything now. His thinking is since I don't work, I can do it all. Even when I worked and he didn't I still helped out. If he can manage it, he'll sleep for 12hrs. And yeah-I'm in school but the classes I took for fall are all online and I'm not even sure I'll be able to manage that. I realize that I may end up taking the semester off. And I'm willing to put things on hold if I have to. Granted, I waited 7yrs to go back to school, but somethings do take priority.

I swear I'm at my wits end with him. I told my mom I was doing much better on my own. Idk-I'm just really frustrated. He hasn't been very supportive at all during this pregnancy. In fact, he always tells me "its all about you" No-its about these babies that I'm carrying. He needs to get a reality check.

Sorry just had to vent.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-09-2011 - 8:12pm

I'm so sorry Doreen!! I swear these DH's need a reality check! I hope he realizes that there are going to have to be sacrifices both ways, atleast in the begining for you guys and he can get his head out of his butt and help out a little more! ((HUGS)) Hang in there!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-09-2011 - 8:17pm
Don't apologize, I would want to vent about that too! I hope things get better for you and he starts to wake up to reality. ((HUGS))
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-09-2011 - 9:51pm
Yikes! I'm so sorry hon!

As the previous posters said, I hope he gets a reality check soon!

Do you think maybe he's using school as an excuse to get him out of the house a little bit more because the thought of having 2 babies scares him?

I've had troubles with my own DH not pitching in enough so I definitely feel your pain! *hugs*

And, as Emily said, don't apologize for vending over something like this!
- Caroline

* Wife of Eric (July 28, 2007)

* Proud Mommy of Allison Kathleen (April 14, 2007)

* Expecting another BABY GIRL on September 16, 2011

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-12-2011 - 1:57pm
I hope things start to get better for you soon! ((HUG))