I am driving myself half crazy

iVillage Member
I am driving myself half crazy
Fri, 06-17-2011 - 4:48pm

For the life of me I can not settle on a name!

~Jenn~

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-17-2011 - 5:35pm

I no how frustrating it is! I mean it's a BIG decision naming someone!! When I first found out we were pregnant I was in LOVE with the names Adelaide and Adelyn/Adalyn, but EVERYONE gave me horrible comments and glares. It definately steered me in a different direction. On one hand, I'm kind of glad that I got those comments and glares bc I feel like Charlotte is the *perfect* name for this LO. Altho I still LOVE the other 2 names as well, I feel Charlotte will fit her! While I still get some comments and weird looks when I tell them her name is Charlotte, it doesnt botter me anymore!

I hope you find the perfect name for your LO soon! I know how nerve wracking it is!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-17-2011 - 11:25pm

Stop telling anyone your name picks. There will always be someone who has something rotten to say.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-17-2011 - 11:50pm
Nothing wrong with wanting the perfect name!!!

I would just try to keep my mouth shut and not tell anyone.

I tried that this time around.... it didn't work so well! LOL The other night my in-laws were asking me what names I liked (since I was telling them that their son hates every name on the planet!) and they TOTALLY disliked my fav name for this baby, Carys! They also kinda wrinkled their noses at Everleigh.

Honestly though, I don't care what other people think. This is MY baby and if DH and I agree on a name and everyone hates it they can learn to love it! lol

Good luck finding the perfect fit for your baby! I hate not having a name for my LO as well but my problem is DH not agreeing on anything!
- Caroline

* Wife of Eric (July 28, 2007)

* Proud Mommy of Allison Kathleen (April 14, 2007)

* Expecting another BABY GIRL on September 16, 2011

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-18-2011 - 1:56pm

you really still have lots of time :) we dont have one yet.. DH never likes anything ( well honestly i think he is in denial LOL- b/c this happens with everyone of our kids.) Well- OK we picked nathan ( our first ) earlier on but cole and eli we picked the day they were born- granted we always had it before they officially arrived, but everyone was always up our butts about names and really it's none of their business!

fam sig

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-20-2011 - 8:10am

Thanks everyone for your replies/advice.

~Jenn~