I feel so low at 32 weeks pregnant

iVillage Member
I feel so low at 32 weeks pregnant
Mon, 08-01-2011 - 4:54am

Hi everyone, I need your advice. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and lately I've been feeling so so low. I feel sad and depressed most of the time. I'm fed up with being pregnant, I'm very anxious for my baby girl to be born and be able to cuddle her and take care of her. I feel like the pregnancy doesn't make sense anymore for several reasons, and I so want to have my body back and regain control of it. I have a huge belly and everything's a big effort now. The only good thing about my pregnancy now is feeling her kick which I love, and that's it.

I'm having lots of mood changes and I feel low and needy most of the time. I always have been a more rational person rather than emotional and it seems now I'm all emotional. I'm having huge fights with my DH and I'm driving him insane because I don't feel that he truly understands how I feel (of course he won't) and I feel alone most of the time. I would love for him to be more romantic in this phase, I told him that and he said he just isn't like that. It's true, he isn't and it's something that didn't bother me much before, but because now I feel so vulnerable and emotional, I would love for him to send me some romantic e-cards, or bring me some flowers, whatever.

Last but not least (and this is really getting me down) I have no money in my bank account since I lost my job in February when I was 10 weeks pregnant. It was not due to the pregnancy, the company was having problems so they closed the business. I tried to find another job at the time but without success since being pregnant for companies is similar to have some deathly disease. I'm receiving benefits, but they all go to paying my car loan and I end with zero. Fortunately my DH's working and we have money, but it's not a huge salary since we spend so much buying things for the baby. I feel so bad for not having money and have to spend the entire day at home. I used to have a good salary and now I have nothing.I didn't feel like this on my 1st and 2nd trimestres though, I felt really happy, but now I feel really sad and low.

I would love to spend this time until the baby's born shopping things needed for her, or go to a spa or the hairdresser, or to the cinema, etc, but I don't have money to do anything. I feel really low due to this because I can't even exercise which was my "stress release activity". So I feel trapped in my life and my body. I can't wait for the time being able to exercise again and find work again, and have my baby. But the baby's due on 24th September and we're still on the 1st August.

I don't know what to do, I'm driving my DH insane, he says I'm always complaining about everything so he doesn't feel like doing anything with me. It's true, I'm always complaining because basically I feel so bad with my life at this moment.

Some advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-01-2011 - 8:07am
I do understand where you are coming from, money has been exceptionally tight for us lately and I have only bought our baby one outfit and it is depressing. I see a ton of things I'd like to buy, and things I'd like to do before the baby is here for that matter, and I just can't afford it. It sucks and it does make you feel more depressed! On the bright side, our little ones will be here soon and we'll realize that it really wasn't that important and that they are all that matters. But I do understand where you are coming from. Plus being this pregnant can easily get your mood down, it's hard work, it's uncomfortable, it's tiring, hormones are raging, etc. I've spoken to my doctor about being depressed and not wanting to (or being able to) do things and she said it's best to just try and get through it as that's better than medication if you can. If not, their are medicinal options to help. Try to look on the bright side, try to focus on the things you do have, try to relax and enjoy your time before baby (without spending money) and know that your sweet baby will be here soon enough.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-01-2011 - 8:41am

I think it is difficult to go from having a job to being at home.

~Jenn~

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-01-2011 - 8:55am
I agree with the PP's. It is probably a good idea to talk to your doctor about your feelings and see what he/she suggests. Hormones during pregnancy are insane, and adding stress on top of it doesn't help. And maybe finding something to occupy your time would help, too. Don't hesitate to come here and talk to us again, either! Good luck, and KUP on how you are doing :)