I need help and advice!!!!

iVillage Member
I need help and advice!!!!
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 8:28pm

Ok, here's the deal ladies, I am STRESSING out here!!!

- Caroline

* Wife of Eric (July 28, 2007)

* Proud Mommy of Allison Kathleen (April 14, 2007)

* Expecting another BABY GIRL on September 16, 2011

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 8:35pm

Could you look into the state heath insurance as a back up plan of sorts?

~Jenn~

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 8:46pm
Personally, I would do your absolute best to say the script perfectly and make it through the next few months. It will probably be incredibly difficult to find a job when you are giving birth in a few months, kwim? If worse comes to worse you can look into state medical assistance and perhaps unemployment. GL!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 9:09pm
Thanks ladies :)
I'm gonna talk to my husband next time I see him (haha gotta love the opposite shifts... NOT!) and see what he thinks.

But I'm gonna try to suck it up and try really hard. I'll give it a couple of weeks and see how it goes... I've really been trying to get this down but there is SO much stuff to say in each and every single call, and no 2 call is identical because I'm not in the sales department I'm in customer service... UGH!
We print business checks, so we need to verify the name/address/phone/number of signature lines/start number/routing & account/check color, quantity, product number, what's printed on each stub/voucher, if they need reverse numbering... then we don't get credit for ANY of it if we don't say "To ensure that everything is how you want and looks professional, can you please read me your company name." And when I do manage to say it I feel like such a tool because they have NO clue what I mean! The company is even talking about getting rid of that part of the script because it's so stupid. Then we lose points for not offering a companion product but really, if they're already ordering everything under the sun it's VERY hard to ask if they need another (specific) item.

I'm not sure if unemployment will cover me if I get fired (or quit) in the state of Minnesota..... something I'll have to really look into! And I should qualify for state medical assistance if worst comes to worse, it just takes FOREVER to hear back from them! I was uninsured when I got pregnant with my first and MA saved my life!

Oh, it also doesn't help that MY manager doesn't give you the points if you hit everything but don't say it exactly right.... while my friends manager DOES give her the points! I just wish someone else could grade my calls for a while :(

And pregnancy brain doesn't help with all of the remembering what to say. *sighs*

One day at a time.
Thanks for the support and advice :)
- Caroline

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 11:08pm

I worked in a call center a number of years ago so I can relate to the 'ridiculous' scripts. I'd probably just try to stick it out and, no matter how silly you know you sound, give the scripted lines perfectly and make sure to try for the upsell. You're SO CLOSE to the end of your pregnancy, you don't need to be trying to find a job right now. And the chances of finding one when they'll know that it's only temporary (especially in this economy) is going to be pretty slim. I know how frustrating it can be to be working at a job you hate but remember it's almost over!

It wouldn't hurt to check with hubby's insurance and find out if they'll cover the pregnancy. You might get lucky!

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-16-2011 - 2:57am

First of all, (((Hugs))), I'm sorry you're in this stressful situation. Like the other posters suggest, no matter how tempting it might be, I would not quit. Instead, I would try and learn the stupid script perfectly and just hang on in there for the next few months. You don't need the added stress of looking for another job if you can avoid it right now. Quite apart from the insurance issues, you may not be able to take 12 weeks off after the baby is born if you get a different job.

On the call grading issue, it does seem you are being treated unfairly, if not all managers are grading calls consistently. Could you bring this up with HR or your managers boss? If you potentially face being fired over this, I think the company needs to be made aware that inconsistencies are going on.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-16-2011 - 10:16am

Stressful to say the least. But don't add the stress of looking for a job to that. Plus, from my experience, the hassle of healthcare is a giant pain in the you-know-what, and I can only imagine that switching insurance plans in the midst of your prenatal care will cause nothing but headaches, stress, and massive frustration. Avoid it at all costs.

Suck it up for a few more months, be a star employee, and walk out on your own terms once the baby is born (and you've lined up insurance through your husband's employer!)

Hang in there....

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-16-2011 - 6:35pm

I would just do what I could to keep the job right now. Can you write down exactly what your supposed to say and keep it tacked by your computer or phone so that you can just read it off of there? Also, with the state medical insurance (atleast here in FL) you can get emergency coverage so that there isnt a lapse in your care. Look into DH's insurance too, just incase and see if it will cover you being pregnant, that way if you do loose your job and benefits you guys can use his!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-16-2011 - 7:22pm

Thanks everyone :)

I just used a full day of FMLA today after my glucose test this morning because I didn't think I could handle going in. I told DH what was going on and he was just like "Ok" and didn't say much. He's not very verbal to begin with so I'm not really sure how he feels. He knows I hate it there and have been struggling for a while.

As for the inconsistency in the "grading" by the different managers, it has been brought up multiple times and the company's response is simply along the lines of "Every individual views things differently and everyone tries to stay as close to the grading policy as possible." And honestly, I don't think I could fight it because technically, it's the OTHER managers who are being lenient and my manager just being 100% by the book.

It doesn't help that I've been on her "team" for the whole 2 1/2 years I've been with the company while all of my peers have moved on to other teams. She's the "starter" team where all the new hires are dumped to begin with. Honestly, with the turn around they have on staff there, they should be happy I'm still there at ALL! lol

- Caroline

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-17-2011 - 11:22pm

Legally, they have to offer to COBRA.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-17-2011 - 11:53pm
True, but doesn't COBRA require me to pay the full premium? As in, what I was paying previously plus what my employer was paying?

Or am I completely wrong here? lol

BTW, today went pretty good I think. I think my calls were OK. I missed a few things on a few calls, but the things I was really struggling with before I think I mostly got. AND I got a supplemental call graded (which counts for NOTHING except feedback..) and it scored me 87% and got me the points on the 2 things that I'm on warning for.. UGH! If only THAT had been the call that counted this week!

*deep breaths* I'm gonna just keep trying harder and harder and try not to cry when I'm there.
- Caroline

Pages