I need to walk more? How about you just take a long walk yourself.. right off a short plank.

iVillage Member
I need to walk more? How about you just take a long walk yourself.. right off a short plank.
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 12:02pm

So, it started with a co-worker. We were trying to arrange dinner with spouses sometime soon as we were walking to our cars. I parked in a far away parking lot (like 1/2 mile away). I got out of breath and felt like I was walking with a watermelon wedged between my hip bones. I made some off-hand comment about not liking walking so much and hating being out of breath. Co-worker looked stright at me and said, "Walking is good for you... and the baby." B*tch! I'm sorry, and I know i'm cranky, but you try walking around feeling like a watermelon is trying to push it's way out of you. Then, you can start telling me what is "good" or not good for me.

So, I go home and complain to my hubby. His response? You really haven't been walking enough while you've pregnant. Co-worker was right. B*st*rd.

At this point, I'm feeling pretty pissy. I work on a college campus and have meeting all day all over the campus. I spend a good deal of time walking everywhere. In the last month, I've cut down on meetings and for those that i've kept, I make them come to me. Becuase, I HURT. When I tell my husband that... I get, "Oh! I thought you just sat behind your desk on your ass all day."

iVillage Member

Wow really?! I'm sorry everyone around you is being so inconsiderate! They all need a swift kick in the you know what!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
*Hugs*
How annoying!!! I have pretty thick skin, even while pregnant, but I'd be annoyed with my co-worker for saying that and PISSED at my DH if he tried to pull that!!!!

I'd be like "YOU try waddling around while GROWING A HUMAN BEING!!!!"

Hang in there! You're almost there!!!
- Caroline

* Wife of Eric (July 28, 2007)

* Proud Mommy of Allison Kathleen (April 14, 2007)

* Expecting another BABY GIRL on September 16, 2011

iVillage Member
I didn't say anything to the co-worker, but my husband got an earful. By the end, he said he felt bad, but I wasn't sure if he meant because he had said something so vastly inconsiderate or if it was because I was making the headache he had even worse. After being broody for a day now, I think I'm over it... kinda... maybe... not really.
iVillage Member

I am annoyed on your behalf!