I think the "nesting" has finally hit.

iVillage Member
I think the "nesting" has finally hit.
Fri, 06-24-2011 - 4:06pm

After a day of going nuts on craigslist and freecycle, it looks like by Sunday night - our nursery will almost be fully stocked. I found a crib plus mattress for free. We already had a mattress, but if this free one works, we can return it to target for more $$ to buy other items. We'll have a portable sleeper thingy, a bouncer, a swing, a papassan chair, a changing table and several infant toys. I figure the only "need to have's" left are a high-chair, pack 'n' play/bassinett, stroller and car seat. Yea! i'm finally feel productive and like this baby just might get here some day. It's going to be a busy weekend though running aroudn to get all this stuff. Nothing is going to match, but oh well.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sounds like me..... craigslist and freecycle is awesome. Only thing I am I missing is the baby. I can't buy that on craigslist or freecycle...lol.
Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member

Sounds awesome! You are inspiring me to post a request on freecycle. and as far as them not matching.. if you or DH get crafty, you can always paint/stain them to match.

Photobucket

iVillage Member

That's awesome!! I love Craigslist and Freecycle!! Good luck getting everything together this weekend!

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Woohoo!!!

iVillage Member

Yay - that's great! I love freecycle. When we had DD we got her changing station and dresser from there. DH sanded them down and re-varnished them and they looked good as new. I love bargains!

iVillage Member
I've been nesting on and off. There is SO much we need to do in the house, but I only have Sunday and Wednesday off and DH works the opposite shift during the week. We are moving DSD down stairs, so we need to "build" a bedroom for her and get her old room set up for baby girl. I'm also still not sure if my mom is throwing us another shower or not, so we don't have a crib or anything. I'm so anxious to get things going.