Im gonna explode

iVillage Member
Im gonna explode
Thu, 06-16-2011 - 7:09pm

So My MIL has told us NURMOUS times she was going to help with the kids.. im on strict bed ret.. my cervix keeps thinning my blood pressure keeps rising.. and my POOR DH has missed soo much work we can't afford a single bill at this point. SO he calls his mother AGAIN.. and they said htere was nothing they can do and we should prepare to live on welfare. He called her out after that and pointed out how shes never bonded with our kids she doesn't even send them a happy birthday card .. My mom on the other hand no matter HOW poor she is.. always sends SOMETHING.. Even willing to meet half way just to have lunch with her grandkids. His mothers advice to me was lay down ont he couch and let the kids run wild.. So I attempted to do that today.. and my son knocked down his box fan then proceeded to walk all over it breaking it.. DUMPING all his toys.. then when I get on to him.. He comes up to me sticks his butt in my face or his feet.. Then I have 2 dogs that literally love to bark at absolutely NOTHING for the past hour I have gotten up every 4 minutes to open the back door just to see what they were barking at and of course it was NOTHING! I let DH just take over yesterday and I literally slept all day I just didn't wanna see the day or deal with it.. and sure enough today I notice brown marks all over my walls and doors and of course he has NO idea how they got there. It truly wears on you when you literally are with yoru kids DAY IN AND DAY OUT.. i never get an hour break just to run some earns nope my kids gotta load up and come along 2.. same with holidays vacations.. everything we do we do as a family.. and at times Im realizing im getting EXTERMLY jealous of other people.. My brother pawns his daughter off every other weekend for a WHOLE weekend with my mom. Then my neighbor pawns her daughter tues-sunday she comes home just to leave again on Tuesday. It seems everyone around me has family support EXPECT us. I finally vented to a good friend of mine and she offered to let me temp live with them kinda like a summer home.. for a week or so just so i can have some help with kids and not stress over my house or my dogs Ill be away so if i dont see it then I dont deal with it. I just have to convence my husband to let me take this mini vacation. Anyone else feel like they have NO control of anything anymore??

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-16-2011 - 7:43pm

Sorry your going thru this. It sounds like you definately have your hands full. I too have days where I feel like I have no control over anything and it's a bit draining! I'm definately looking forward to August when atleast DS will start school again! Hang in there and do whatever you have to do to convince your DH to let you go on that mini vaca! You deserve it mama!

Photobucket