I'm now a (temporary) SAHM!

iVillage Member
I'm now a (temporary) SAHM!
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 12:32am

As I had posted last week, I was on the verge of losing my job. I was on a performance plan, that went to a final warning status, and today I got let go.

I was waiting for it to happen. I didn't think there was any way my call scores could compensate and honestly? I'm ecstatic to NOT have to go into work tomorrow!!!

I should be able to collect unemployment. My DH will be able to get us enrolled in benefits (hopefully before next week since I have a doc appt next Wed!) My DD is so excited that Mommy will be home during the day now. I'm now "poor enough" to qualify for WIC without going on state Medical Assistance (though I think I'll continue with that application considering I think it would help pay the out of paycheck expenses which are significantly higher for DH than they were for me!) AND all of this happened right as the weather decided it MIGHT decide to be summer. So hopefully this means some pool time for me this summer.

My stress level has just DROPPED. I know it shouldn't because now we're living on 1 income, but we do have money in the bank to help make ends meet. And I do have my side job working for my moms online book publishing company.

Is it weird that I can't WAIT to start cleaning my house??? What I need first is a good nights sleep! And I think tomorrow I might take a nap. (Unless the in-laws pool is warm enough to go swimming, then I'll probably spend the day in the pool soaking up some Vitamin D.)

- Caroline

* Wife of Eric (July 28, 2007)

* Proud Mommy of Allison Kathleen (April 14, 2007)

* Expecting another BABY GIRL on September 16, 2011

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 3:08am

I'm sorry you lost your job, but I'm so glad you are seeing the positives of the situation! Hopefully the weather will stay nice so you can enjoy some sun with your DD!

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 8:51am
I am happy to hear the situation worked out for you!
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker