Induction scheduled...Yikes!

iVillage Member
Induction scheduled...Yikes!
Fri, 09-09-2011 - 4:05am

Had my 37 week appointment yestarday and at the end of my appt the doc mentioned that he has my induction date scheduled..I was a bit surprised because the entire pregnancy he never mentioned having to do an induction..Ive asked about early delivery because I do have Cholestasis and I know it can be dangerous to the baby if allowed to go too long..but he never really seemed concerned since I was on medication to control bile acid levels and its working well..He explained to me that the risk of fetal complications goes way up if allowed to go post term do he preferred to deliver at 39 weeks if not sooner if tests confirm rising levels..so Im schedled to be induced I believe he said the 21st of sept which is his on call day in the hospital..Honestly pitocin scares the day lights out of me so he's hoping that since Im dilating already that my cervix will efface a bit and make induction by breaking my water possible( thats how I managed to have my second child so quickly...my water broke then I had my first contraction)...Im hoping it works out..now that she's turned head down..I don't want to go through hrs of labor only to have a csection..

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-09-2011 - 4:28pm

Good luck! I hope they are able to just break your water and your able to avoid pitocin!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-12-2011 - 12:08pm
Good luck! Are you progressing at all? Hopefully you ca``n avoid a csection.