Interesting Ultrasound appointment!

iVillage Member
Interesting Ultrasound appointment!
Wed, 06-22-2011 - 9:25pm

Well I had my follow up ultrasound today because they were not able to measure little ones spine at the last appointment...Strike two..still can't get spine measurements on this little peanut..We confirmed that it definitely is a girl though.Also..I am still measuring weeks ahead although she seems to be measuring fine..She is also still breech and her legs are parallel to her body..The docs thinking that if she's not wililng to budge by my next appt he may have to put me down for a scheduled c-section only becaause the position her legs are in now they are not bent at all and wedged next to her head..apparently it would make it really hard to turn her..Not super bummed about that because then we can do my tubal at the same time..we'll see how it goes in the next few weeks.

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-22-2011 - 9:30pm
GL! I am worried about a c-section b/c my baby is still transverse:/ I know that there is time but it totally makes me nervous!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 5:58am

GL! My baby is still breech too. I'm a little worried about it too. I *know* there's still plenty of time for our LO to turn but I'm really anxious to avoid any discussion about a C/S. I *really* don't want one!

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 8:59am
I'm measuring 31 weeks at 28 weeks, which freaked me out until I came home and researched it online (if that's called research, lol) and it can be very normal to measure bigger. Measurements can be off, your uterus can sit differently, you could have eaten a big meal or had a full bladder, baby could have had a growth spurt, gestational diabetes, all kinds of reasons. It's nice to know it doesn't necessarily mean a giant baby or anything :)

As far as your baby sitting breech, I always thought a baby could turn even up to the day of labor, but I'm no doctor. My little one turned and boy can I tell, the pressure down there has increased dramatically for me, ugh!

Will they try again to get the spinal measurements? I hope your baby flips for you :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 7:41pm

We're still breech here too! Last we checked, she was sitting straight up and down and my OB wont try a version if she's still that way. I hope all of our LO's flip for us tho! Are they going to attempt to take a look at her spine again?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 11:20pm
Sounds like you have a troublesome little one on your hands!!!!

I hope she turns for you and they're able to get her spine measurements at another u/s check.... but good for you for looking at the bright side of a c-section! My sister said the same thing when she was pregnant with her twins. She ended up having them naturally because they both flipped, but she had the same outlook.

Keep us posted on if she moves!
- Caroline

* Wife of Eric (July 28, 2007)

* Proud Mommy of Allison Kathleen (April 14, 2007)

* Expecting another BABY GIRL on September 16, 2011