Itchy Skin UPDATE!

iVillage Member
Itchy Skin UPDATE!
Thu, 07-28-2011 - 12:11pm

Finally the itching skin got to be too much for me I was in tears ready to light myself on fire so I called the docs office and they asked me to come in..I did so and the doc also suspected cholestasis..So they ran the blood work and lo and behold my test was positive..Now we just need to figure out how to treat it..If my levels stay really high they will have to consider a preterm delivery at 35 weeks..He also perscribed me a topical cream and and oral steroid to help alleviate the stymptoms..Im so glad to know Im not crazy..but scared about the possibility of having to have my baby early and have her be in the NICU..Anyone that has a story to share to alleviate my fears would be greatly appreciated..Thanks ladies..

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-28-2011 - 12:37pm
I am glad you found out what it is! That sounds very uncomfortable! I don't know anything about it but hope the meds work for you!

~Jenn~

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-28-2011 - 1:18pm

I'm really glad you got it checked out, hon. From your last post, I suspected it *might* be cholestasis too. A friend of mine had the same thing and with the medication they were able to hold off inducing her until 38 weeks - she and the baby were both fine. P&PT that you're able to keep your LO cooking a little longer too!

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-28-2011 - 9:13pm

Oh wow! I'm glad you got checked out! Did the dr suggest maybe doing the steroid shots for her lungs? That way just in case you have to be delivered early there's a better chance of her not having to go to NICU! (Altho, 35 weekers usually do really good!) I hope the meds work and your not as uncomfortable!! KUP!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-11-2011 - 10:53am
Jessy, I have the same condition its awful did they give you the meds for it to make the bike salts go down, its still very unbearable and thankfully I am being induced today at 37 weeks, my skin couldn't handle any more.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-11-2011 - 6:47pm

They have started me on Urso and am having weektly NST"s..but my doc said if I am comfortable with it..I will be induced at 37 weeks unless something happens then I will be earlier.Ive literally been ripping my skin off and also I don't know if its related but I have

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-12-2011 - 2:22am

I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable still. I hope the antibiotics do the trick with the UTI and that you're able to keep LO cooking until 37 weeks. You're doing good, Mama!