Made the mistake of telling my mom

iVillage Member
Made the mistake of telling my mom
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 1:59pm

I am so mad and upset right now I can't see straight.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 2:08pm

**HUG** I don't have any advice, but I hope that everything works out for you.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 2:10pm

Becca,

I don't blame you for being angry.

Lanie pregnancy
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 2:12pm

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one with these types of issues. I really don't want to tell my mom that I'm pregnant at all. I know that I'll get the exact same load of bull that you got. I'm so sorry that you had to go through this with your mom though. Hopefully things will calm down and she'll get more excited for as it gets closer to the due date. My mom was awful with me growing up and a not the best grandmother to my son, but everything i do is wrong, everyone I date is wrong, every decision I have ever made is wrong and she wants to jump in to tell me the "right" way to parent, the "right" people to date, etc etc. My pregnancy was planned, but I'm sure my mom will see it as nothing more than another mistake I've made. She even told me over the phone last week that I needed to make sure I wasn't getting pregnant becuase it would be far too much for me to handle. This from a woman who was supposedly a stay-at-home mom, but barely saw me since I was bounced constantly between nannies, preschools and babysitters, while I have been a successful divorced mom for 4 yrs with a career, finished my bachelors, started grad school, and the list goes on. Now, I have an amazing person I'm going to spend my life with and a new wonderful baby on the way - she's going to be even worse. She even keeps telling me that this marriage won't work and keeps calling my fiance by my ex-husband's name saying that he is going to end up abusive bc my ex-husband was. (There is no reason AT ALL for her to even suggest that. It's crazy!) Some moms have a tendency to make life more diffucult than it should.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 2:14pm

Sorry to have gone on a little rant. :(

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 2:19pm
{{Hugs}} I'm so sorry that you didn't get the support you were needing from her. I hope that in time she will change her tune.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 2:24pm

No problem. It's actually good to read your rant because I know I'm not alone.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 3:26pm

(((Hugs))) I'm sorry your Mom wasn't more supportive. Remember,

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 3:35pm
That's what my husband said. He said that he thinks I need to wait a while to talk to my Mom again and then leave the ball in their court. If they want to see us, they know where we live. If they want to talk to us, they know the phone number. However, we are in agreement that she is not going to keep us from enjoying the last pregnancy we'll ever have and we are not going to contact them first. I'm going to avoid their calls (if there are any) for the next week or so. They were supposed to keep the girls in March while my husband and I are in Memphis to attend a conference I'll be presenting at. I can almost gurantee my mom will say they won't keep them now so we're making plans to take them with us. They are 6 and 3. Who knows--they might enjoy a trip to Memphis.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 3:39pm
I'm so sorry hun. Just know you have lots of support from all of us!!

Katie, DH, DD- Emma (11/27/11), #2 due 10/4/13 : )

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 4:10pm
((HUGS)) don't apologize for wanting to get things out. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this:(
Photobucket