Marital trouble and divorce?

iVillage Member
Marital trouble and divorce?
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 12:33am

Hey girls..I never in my wildest dreams imagined I'd be posting this especially with a new baby

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 7:19am

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

~Jenn~

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 8:11am

(((Hugs))). I'm sorry you're going through this. Pregnancy can be a stressful time and it can put a strain on the strongest relationship. I second the PPs suggestion of counseling. If you're not able to communicate effectively with each other, then a neutral third party make help you to do that. It's certainly worth a shot before you start seriously talking divorce.

I don't know if this will make you feel any better but my DH and I hit a MAJOR bad patch right after DD was born. The stress of being new, over anxious parents, coupled with no sleep meant we really neglected our relationship and were frankly vile to each other for months. I was sooooo close to leaving (only the fact that I had vowed before God to stay with him for better or worse kept me there). BUT, we did seek help and 2 years on we are more in love than ever and very happy together.

More (((Hugs))). I hope you're able to get back on track.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 10:23am
When I pregnant with my son, my ex-husband got very distant and never really "got on board" with being a family. The pregnancy is what really broke the camels back, but there were a lot of other issues there... alcoholism, drug abuse, his girl friend, and a lot of physical and verbal abuse. Definitely try to work things out, but maybe some time apart and a couple counseling sessions would help. Alot of times just having a third party there to facilitate can really let you see the difference between if your husband is just scared and having issues of his own with the pregnancy, or if he is really just no-good. I wish you the best of luck and hope everything works out for the best, whatever that may be.
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 10:46am

I'm sorry your husband is acting that way.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 12:42pm

(((HUGS))) I'm sorry you're going through such an awful, heartbreaking time.

I read somewhere once that you should never make major decisions regarding divorce during pregnancy/several months post-pardum.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 1:10pm

I agree with the other posters. Talk to him and ask him flat out if he's in or out. Try going to counseling and seeing if it helps. He needs to be supportive of you during this time with everything you've got going on. ((HUGS)) I hope something changes soon for you guys!

Photobucket