MOTW: Caroline (cairo)

iVillage Member
MOTW: Caroline (cairo)
Mon, 06-13-2011 - 3:24pm

Let's get to know Caroline

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-13-2011 - 11:27pm
Fav color: Tough one.... Red, Black and Purple. I can't pick just one :)

Fav food: I actually HATE eating. It's SUCH a chore... this being pregnant and having to eat all the time thing is killing me! haha But I suppose I'd have to choose ice cream :) Specifically CHOCOLATE ice cream!

Fav hobby: I don't have many hobbies to be honest but I LOVE playing in Photoshop. Especially after doing a photoshoot with my sis in law :)

Season: I love the fall because the leaves are so pretty and the air is nice and crisp after the hot and humidity of the summer. But come winter ask my favorite season and I'll say summer *hehe*
- Caroline

* Wife of Eric (July 28, 2007)

* Proud Mommy of Allison Kathleen (April 14, 2007)

* Expecting another BABY GIRL on September 16, 2011

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-14-2011 - 1:58pm

What's your favorite thing about being a Mommy?

What's one parenting goal you have in mind this time around?

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-14-2011 - 2:05pm

How did you meet your DH?

What is your best childhood memory?

What would be your dream vacation?

What is your 'must have' baby item?

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 1:01am
What's your favorite thing about being a Mommy?
I love having this little person who depends on me and loves me unconditionally. The VERY best part of being a mommy is when you're having a bad day or not feeling well and your little one says, without any prompting "I love you" or just runs up and gives you a big hug or kiss!

What's one parenting goal you have in mind this time around?
This time around my goal is to be successful at breastfeeding and not give up after only 4 weeks! I'm going to take it one week at a time, but in the long run, my goal is to at least give my baby SOME breast milk if not exclusively.
- Caroline

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 1:08am
How did you meet your DH?
DH and I met when we were 17. We worked for the same movie theatre. He had worked there about 8 months longer than I had and he was very shy and quiet, I tell him now that I thought he was the "mysterious and handsome usher boy" (because he was always a theatre usher while I was stuck in the concession stand!) - we started dating because I needed a prom date and he was cute and my friends urged me to ask him... so I did. And I kept pestering him until he said yes haha We've been together 8 years now :)

What is your best childhood memory?
I can't think of ONE memory that stands out the most, but all of the summers of my childhood were fantastic. My mom did daycare and I remember just lying in bed in the morning listening to the other kids playing outside. And eventually getting up and going outside to play with them - playing in the kiddie pool, the sprinkler, playing 500 and when we got older, walking up to the gas station to buy candy or to Taco Bell to put coins in the little thing to try to win free Tacos/Drinks/Cinnamon Twists.

What would be your dream vacation?
Somewhere tropical. I would LOVE to go to Hawaii someday. Just be able to lay on the beach and watch the ocean. *sighs* Once I get that trip out of the way, I'd also love to go on a tour of like, castle ruins in Europe!

What is your 'must have' baby item?
Hmm.... Aside from the basics like a carseat and crib, I'm gonna have to go with Jump-a-Roo! DD spent SO much time in this thing! It made her SO happy and we were able to get other stuff done while she was in it! Honestly, this was probably the BEST purchase we made the first time around - and incidentally, the only reason we bought it was because our swing was recalled and we were given an $80 voucher from Fisher-Price to buy any baby product! So... since DD was getting too big for a swing anyway, we went for the bouncer!
- Caroline

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 10:05am

I liked your answers here! I totally agree that there is nothing quite as awesome as when your child says, "Mommy? I love you!" And I think you'll get lots of support from the Board to get you over the breastfeeding hump!

Thanks for sharing!